Inconsistent effects - external swf

Posted by mrclyde 
Inconsistent effects - external swf
April 24, 2010 08:06PM
I've been working on some banners for a client and since they recently approved Flash player 10 we thought great, we can use flashEff! We built the first DS banner (300X600) but couldn't get it smaller than 80k so having read some other users posts here found a solution which was to load the effects from an external swf into a holder swf which seemed at first to work well.

Having tested it some more its confusing me a little as it doesnt 'always' work (the text effects). The effect we did wouldn't work on a mac (presumably a fault with mac flash plugin) but having tested a couple of times today I realised that while it works most of the time every now and then the effect simply stops the entire animation.

I just wondered if anyone else has experienced any behaviour like this as we would love to trust this suite of components to use on a lot of our client banners.

I can't post urls here as its a live project but happy to provide fla's if anyone can spare a moment to have a look at our code.
Re: Inconsistent effects - external swf
April 24, 2010 08:31PM
mrclyde,

The flasheff2 component, is a very complex component that is based on a large amount of code and there could be times when it takes a little bit much time to be correctly initialized. That's why we recommend to place the component starting only with the second frame of the animation. Please edit the loaded swf and make sure that the flasheff2 component is placed starting with the second frame. If that issue persists, please open a new support ticket, attach the source files and I am sure that the guys form the technical department will provide a solution for that problem.

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]
April 24, 2010 09:15PM
Thanks, will give it a go!
April 27, 2010 02:36PM
mrclyde,

you are welcome!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.