Text label on button issue:

Posted by szimmer 
Text label on button issue:
March 14, 2011 12:06PM
Hello,

I am using Flash CS5 with FlashEff2.0.

I am creating a button (rounded rectangle).Then I create a MC of the button and place FlashEff2 on the MC. No problem. I love how you can add filters and change the button states. All works fine.
However, I was having problems when I put text over the button. At first I tried to create the text inside the MC over the rounded shape but when I tested the movie, the button lost the FlashEff2 filter and Button Over effects. The only way I got it to work was by breaking apart the text inside the MC of the button. Is there a proper procedure to using simple text over a button when using FlashEFF2.

My final goal is to have a button that has a glow around the rounded rectangle (at different states) and the text over the button to change a color. I don’t want to change the color of the actual rounded rectangle. So do I have to create a separate FlashEff2 on the button and the text for one button?

Please advise.

Thanks and keep up the great work.

Simon
Re: Text label on button issue:
March 14, 2011 01:05PM
I just realized I was not using classic text but TFL text which I see has issues with FlashEff2. That must explain the issue I was having.

So I am using classic text now but when my mouse cursor goes over the text in the .swf file the OVER state effect does not happen. Only over the button. Any ideas?

I apologize for the beginner questions. Just started learning Flasheff2.

thanks,

Simon

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/14/2011 01:11PM by szimmer.
March 14, 2011 02:12PM
You need to be exactly over the text line in order to see the over effect.
March 14, 2011 04:43PM
Hello Keno,

Thanks for your answer.

Here is another situation. I have a MC which has text and an image inside of the MC. I put FlashEff2 on the MC and added a simple SHOW Alpha and HIDE Alpha. The image and text fades in correctly but on the hide only the image fades out. The text suddenly disappears. I would think both should fade out at the same time since they are both in the same MC.

Any ideas?

thanks for your quick response from before.

Simon
March 14, 2011 04:46PM
Forget it. I figured it out. :)

I learned that I have to have both the image and text inside the MC first before I place the FlashEff2.

It works now!

Love this plugin!

:)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.