Presets for FESBlur

Posted by user1173816 
Presets for FESBlur
May 23, 2012 05:20PM
Hi,
I want to use different presets for the FESBlur for example preset: HorizontalBlur ... but not in the panel but in as3 ... i tried the following code without access.

var antwort1Effect:FlashEff2Code = new FlashEff2Code();
addChild(antwort1Effect);
var showAntwort1Effect:FESBlur = new FESBlur();
showAntwort1Effect.preset = "HorizontalBlur";
showAntwort1Effect.tweenDuration = 1;

var antwort1Effect:FlashEff2Code = new FlashEff2Code();
addChild(antwort1Effect);
var showAntwort1Effect:FESBlur = new FESBlur();
showAntwort1Effect.preset = 4;
// 4 because its the 4th in the panel
showAntwort1Effect.tweenDuration = 1;

How do I get the preset infomations for my FlashEff-Package (FE2 Premium - Unlimited)?

Thanks *.tina
Re: Presets for FESBlur
May 25, 2012 08:42AM
The property preset is a different thing than an presets/templates created for an effect. HorizontalBlur is a template/preset created for Blur effect by manipulating the properties of the Blur effect.
The preset property on the other hand is itself a property/setting of an effect. You can only have access to it if you are a premium plus user.
If you already are a premium plus user then you just need to use the online panel for getting the values for the effect you chose.
[www.flasheff.com]
May 25, 2012 10:10AM
Ok I understand what you mean, but I don't want to edit anything. I know editing is only part of the premium plus package .... i just want to apply the template (HorizontalBlur) via action script ... so who can I simply apply HorizontalBlur?
I thought it was one of the "over 3000 presets based on 120+ patterns" ;) ... please help.
Thanks *.tina
May 25, 2012 03:03PM
That's the thing. You cannot apply an effect with code and obtain a predefined preset unless you will edit the settings of an effect. And editing the settings of an effect is only available to Premium Plus.
However you can obtain what you need if you will select the preset through the flasheff panel, copy the xml(see [screencast.com]) and then simply paste the xml as parameter for the the setXML() method(see [screencast.com]).
May 25, 2012 03:34PM
Thank you kneo, everything is fine :) with your hint I found the XML-"how to" in the documentation. Have a nice day ... *.tina

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/25/2012 03:49PM by user1173816.
May 28, 2012 02:28PM
You are very welcome, and I'm glad to hear that everything is fine now.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.