Mobile text effects in Flex/Flash Builder 4.5

Posted by ravip 
Mobile text effects in Flex/Flash Builder 4.5
April 18, 2011 03:35AM
Hi, I bought FlashEff2 Premium Plus, and am very excited about the performance enhancements for mobile devices. However, I'm working in Flash Builder 4.5, using flex, and I don't have CS3, CS4, or CS5. There's a SWC called FlashEff2Flex.swc that I assume I could dump in my libs directory and go from there, as I did with my old FlashEff2Flex.swc. My question is, what kind of performance am I likely to get on mobile? Will this approach incorporate any of the speed enhancements made for Nano, at least for the text effects included in Nano?

Thanks,
Ravi
Re: Mobile text effects in Flex/Flash Builder 4.5
April 18, 2011 10:51AM
There is a huge difference between flex package/flex component and FlashEff Nano when it comes to the matter you mention. FlashEff Nano was special created to reduce to minimum the size of a swf while FlashEff Flex was created as an alternative for flasheff2 in Flash Builder/Flex.
April 20, 2011 01:29PM
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I understand there's a difference. You mentioned specifically the size of the swf. Were the actual algorithms used in Nano streamlined for mobile at all to reduce processing intensity, and if so were those speed gains incorporated into the Flex component?
April 20, 2011 02:39PM
FlashEff Flex is a different component and wasn't created under the same specification as Nano version. Therefore, I can't see the point in comparing them or asking why one is better(or where the speed gain is) and the other isn't.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.