Letter Spacing/Kerning Messed up

Posted by user423479 
Letter Spacing/Kerning Messed up
January 23, 2011 06:18PM
I'm using FlexBuilder 3 and Flash EFF 2 to build text effects. I'm using the Web-based control panel to set up the effects, and copy/pasting the code into my app. The effects generally work fine, except that the letter spacing is a wreck! Some of the letters are much too close to their neighboring letter, and even overlap each other! It looks terrible.

I've tried 4 or 5 different fonts, and multiple text effects, and all combinations do the same thing, so it doesn't look like the problem is specific to any one font or effect.

Why does this happen, and how can I fix it??
Re: Letter Spacing/Kerning Messed up
January 24, 2011 03:21PM
FlashEff automatically sets the anti-alias to anti-alias for animation. Try to set the letter spacing yourself and see if you still get the same behavior.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/20/2012 01:45PM by kneo.
January 19, 2012 09:41PM
kneo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FlashEff automatically sets the anti-alias to
> anti-alias for animation. Try to set the letter
> spacing yourself and see if you still got the same
> behavior.

Could you elaborate on this?

I am also getting messed up letter spacing and I do not understand what you are suggesting to fix the issue.
January 20, 2012 01:47PM
Unfortunately letter spacing doesn't work, for TextFields on which you are applying a flasheff effect. Each letter is converted into a movieclip so, practically you have a space between movieclips and not letters. Anyway, a solution would be to apply symbol effects on your text instead of a text effect.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.