Garbled Text using FETStationPanels, But Only the First time It's Called

Posted by user452079 
Garbled Text using FETStationPanels, But Only the First time It's Called
November 19, 2010 05:22PM
Hi,

I'm using the FETStationPanels from FlashEff2 with Flex 3. Unfortunately, it is garbling some of the letters.

Below is a simplified version of what the problem is:

Imagine that I've got three buttons. If any of the buttons are selected a titleWindow opens. Inside the titleWindow is some text pulled from a database that has the FETStationPanels effect applied to it, and an image. The first button that is clicked (it doesn't matter which one) will have garbled text. If I select another button, then the effect is fine and everything displays okay.

The FlashEff2 effect is fired on the creationComplete event of the TitleWindow.

I had a resize effect on the TitleWindow. I removed it, because I thought that that might be the problem. I put in a static height for the TitleWindow, but that didn't work either.

I also tried using callLater and setting a timer to delay the appearance of the image until well after the effect had ended, but that didn't work, either.

It's weird that the problem occurs only on the first button selected. After that it works fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this problem? I've been struggling with this problem for 3 days. I really need some help.

Thank you.

-Laxmidi
Re: Garbled Text using FETStationPanels, But Only the First time It's Called
November 20, 2010 09:17PM
Okay, I figured it out. When I add the TitleWindow, I put some effects on it in the main app and I forgot about them:

popWindow.setStyle("addedEffect", fadeInZoomEffect);
popWindow.setStyle("removedEffect",zoomFadeEffect);

When I took these out, my problem was solved. Everything works. I wish I had noticed those lines a few days ago!
Re: Garbled Text using FETStationPanels, But Only the First time It's Called
November 25, 2010 01:32PM
Glad to hear you've managed to find the problem. Please fee free to get back if something else comes up.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.