Flex 4 (Flash Builder) incompatibility

Posted by heyday 
Flex 4 (Flash Builder) incompatibility
July 27, 2010 09:39AM
Hi

I set up an AS3 project in Flash Builder 4 (Flex 4) on Windows Vista utilising SDK 4.1.

I write a very simple class to embed a bitmap and display it on the screen.

This works without any issue.

When I add the FlashEff2Flex.swc (for Flex Builder 4) and try to run my project I get an alert box stating that 'Errors exist in required project(s)' and an option to 'Proceed with launch'.

I have tried this also adding the FESWavy.swc and it so doesn't work.

It's disappointing really as I've owned these effects for a few months now and the first time I would like to utilise them in a project, I waste several hours of my time finding out it's possible they are not presently compatible with SDK 4.1.

I also see guidance in the FlashEff2Flex manual that refers you to the Tutorials package for examples using Flex 4. There are no Flex 4 examples in my tutorials package, only some outdated .fxp projects.

I would be grateful if anyone can provide any assistance in getting these effects working in Flash Builder 4 with SDK 4.1.

Many thanks

David
Re: Flex 4 (Flash Builder) incompatibility
July 29, 2010 08:34AM
Resolved:

Do the following:

Go to project properties and add an additional reference to the Build path libraries:

You have to target the build path to the right language.
For doing this you need to:
-go to Properties->ActionScriptBuildPanel Path - >Library Path->Add SWC folder
-and select C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash Builder 4\sdks\4.1.0\frameworks\locale\en_US

Hope that helps others

D
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.