Help with timing on FlashEff2.

Posted by Griffiths 
Help with timing on FlashEff2.
April 14, 2012 10:07PM
Hello,
I'm new to the FlashEff2 Tool so i'm having a issue that I can't find the awser on the Forum or the tutorial videos. My doubt is the same of this topic: [www.flasheff.com]

But I Will try to make myself clearer. Becouse as I can see, it's have no solution at all and you guys even understand his doubt.

In a short mode what I want to know is, how do I know the duration (time or frames) of an Effect applied to a symbol or text last, in case Show/Hide effects.

Now I will try to explain better the problem.

What I wanna to do is this: I put an image on stage and it show up with any effect, then (here come's the problem) stay on the stage for 3 seconds so come the hidde effect, after that came some text with any effect, again, but after the show effect it stay on stage, let's say 10 seconds, just then the hide effect come.

know if i can change the time between show and hide effect,

So the question is there is a fixed time for the animation show/hide and the time between this 2 effects? Can I set this time between the 2 effects manually (not Delay option)?

If so what is it that i can calculate how many frames I must input in timeline. Once knowing that I can calculate (time of show effect) + (time between effects) + (time of hide effect) = Number of frames on timeline.

But as I said i can't find this information on anywhere. I really appreciate any helping 'couse i'm having a really bad timing going on guessing the number of frames I must use to an object and can't really edit my animation the way i like, seens like all animation have exactly the same time.

Thank you very much!
Re: Help with timing on FlashEff2.
April 18, 2012 02:42PM
I believe you are having problems calculating how many frames you need for each effect.
The number of frames needs to be calculated according to the fps(frames per seconds) value. See this [screencast.com]

Total Frames = (showDelay+showEffect+hideDelay+hideEffect)*file fps.
I pointed where you can find the values in these two screen captures:
[screencast.com]
[screencast.com]

If this is not what you are asking, please let me know.
If for example the fps is set to 30 and you want the effect to stay 3 seconds on stage before the hide effect to start, you will need 90 frames.
April 18, 2012 03:02PM
Hi, thank so much for your repply.

This is exactly my problem, so just let me know if i get it right:

On Show effect:
Tween Tab \ Tweenduration: 1.5
Option Tab \ Delay: 0

On Hide Effect:
Tween Tab \ Tweenduration: 1.5
Option Tab \ Delay: 2

So both effects have the duration time of 1.5 and the time between then are 2. The numbers are on seconds?

In case I have a total of 5 x 30 = 150 frames? Is that correct?
April 25, 2012 09:01AM
Yes the numbers are in seconds and that's correct, you need 150 frames in that case.
April 25, 2012 02:10PM
Thank You kneo, it worked like a charm!
May 04, 2012 01:59PM
I'm really glad to hear that.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.