Cancel effect on mouseEvent?

Posted by user752106 
Cancel effect on mouseEvent?
June 22, 2011 04:20PM
I use FlashEff2 on ROLL_OVER and I'd like to cancel the effect on ROLL_OUT (if it's running).

How do I check if the effect is currently running and how do I 'cancel' it?

Or some work around for this to be possible.
Re: Cancel effect on mouseEvent?
June 22, 2011 04:20PM
Forgot to "Follow Topic" ...
June 23, 2011 10:45AM
If you want to cancel an effect when roll_out dispatches, you just need to call removeEffect method on flasheff.
eg flasheffInstance.removeEffect()
June 24, 2011 08:12PM
This has NO effect whatsoever. Anything else I can try?

My problem is that the text I'm animating with the effect stays on screen if I roll out before the effect has finished animating. So I somehow have to cancel/delete/remove/interrupt the effect. But no matter whether I set the visible property of the effect or the original textfield nothing happens.

I start the effect on ROLL_OVER and want to cancel it on ROLL_OUT. Can this be done?

And funny enough I can't find anything on the removeEffect() in the documentation or online. So I suspect it's a wild guess, right?
June 24, 2011 10:10PM
In case this matters: I'm having a strip of thumbnails, and it's when going from one to another quickly, the problem arise. That is; each instance of the thumbnail runs a ROLL_OVER and ROLL_OUT handler. Can they somehow conflict because the thumbnails have 0 pixels of space between them?
June 24, 2011 10:13PM
Can someone show me a simple example of how to start an effect on roll over and remove it on roll out?

I'm not using any hide effect/transition in my case. Can this be the bugger? And if, then how do I implement it?

I'm getting pretty desperate here. Anyone?

I've even been through ALL parameters and properties in a trial/error way. And none has the effect of removing the damn thing. Arrrgh.
June 24, 2011 10:21PM
Man this sucks. I've been fighting this for days now. Money back garanty?
June 24, 2011 10:23PM
And I tried spacing the thumbnails to see if it made any change. Nope, still can't get rid of the damn effect on ROLL_OUT. This HAS to be a BUG!
June 24, 2011 10:27PM
I can't even remove the effect object using removeChild(). Now, what the hell is going on here?
June 27, 2011 09:18AM
Did you try this:
import flash.events.MouseEvent;

fe.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER, rollOverHandler)
function rollOverHandler(ev:MouseEvent):void{
fe.show()
}
fe.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OUT, rollOutHandler)
function rollOutHandler(ev:MouseEvent):void{
fe.removeEffect()
fe.target.visible=true
}
*fe- is the instance name of the flasheff component on the stage.
June 27, 2011 09:19AM
If you still can't manage to do this, just open a ticket and send us the source files, and we will take a look at your problem.
June 28, 2011 08:34PM
That simply throws me an error:
TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
at com.case::CaseThumb/rollOut()

I can trace _effect.target. It gives me [object TextField].

But when I trace _effect.target.visible I get the error above.
June 28, 2011 10:00PM
AAAAAARGH!!!!

I CAN NOT CREATE A TICKET!?????

AND I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO EVER!!!

It keep giving me the error:

Unable to create a ticket. Please correct errors below and try again!

AND I HAVE FILLED OUT ALL FIELDS!?!??!? Freakin' frustrating!!!

Give me SOME way to send you a zip with code to look at.
June 28, 2011 10:03PM
And I'm sure you have issues with your database routines; this is what get pasted into the field when I continuously resend the form:

It seems I can\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'t remove the effect on roll_out. I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve started a thread in the forum \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Cancel effect on mouseEvent?\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\". I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve revamped the code to make a usable example that I\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'ve attached.

It\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\'s as if the effect randomly stays on on a roll_over (after a roll_out).

What can I do to make SURE that the effect is gone on a roll_out, so that I can apply it again on roll_over?

A LOT OF BACKSLASHES!!!

I'll try to send the form without the single quotes ...
June 28, 2011 10:06PM
No luck. Makes absolutely NO difference. Is it just to keep paying customers from contacting you?
June 29, 2011 09:38AM
From what I saw you managed to send the files and write us a ticket.

Anyway regarding your problem, you forgot to remove/kill the tweenLite tween on rollout, and that's why you example didn't work fine.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.