Can't reapply FlashEff effect

Posted by almacrae 
Can't reapply FlashEff effect
March 30, 2011 05:48PM
I'm building a "slideshow" series of animated visuals, that allows the user to step backwards as well as forwards. I'm unable to clear/reset the FlashEff instance to repeat the effect when the user steps back to a previously viewed slide. (The effect is applied to a text field that is set to a string value when the slide is shown, with the effect applied after a delay). If I do nothing script-wise to try and reset the effect, when I step back I see the text field in its finished state; then it redraws with the animation when called.
I tried applying "efx.removeAll()", but when I step back FlashEff throws an error, "FLASHEFF2 ERROR: Target must be a non-null DisplayObject" when in fact the target is very much there (as shown with trace statements)
So the simple question is, How do I reset a FlashEffect so as to repeat the effect?
Re: Can't reapply FlashEff effect
March 31, 2011 06:35AM
If you called removeAll you will also need to set the target again and the settings you want the flasheff or the effect to have.
August 29, 2011 03:43PM
And could you please show how this would be done. I'm in a weird loop trying get my head around this. It is not simple. So please be specific.
August 30, 2011 09:39AM
removeAll - Removes all the show/hide effects, filters, commands and button effects added
through the FlashEff2Code component instance, to the target object (symbol or
text field), canceling any functionality provided by them.

If you are calling the removeAll method on flasheff, you will need as well to set again on FlashEff the targetInstanceName, the showTransition/hideTransition properties and so on.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.