FLASHEFF2 ERROR: Target must be a non-null DisplayObject.

Posted by user619301 
FLASHEFF2 ERROR: Target must be a non-null DisplayObject.
March 05, 2011 09:15AM
I want to use Command, at the end of Hide transition - FECGoToFrame , frame 1, Play - as I want to have loop and am trying to find a solution to synchronize two swf movies, that have exactly same time line lenght....

When test movie plays, but I constantly get this message: FLASHEFF2 ERROR: Target must be a non-null DisplayObject.

I have a blank keyframe at the begining of timeline. So I have tried also with going to frame 2 or any other frame at the end of the effect, but error message persists....

My file:
I have 3 layers, all have only one filter applied....at the beginig and at the end there is tween to make them unvisible/visible....for the purpose mentioned above, I applied hide effect to the portion of one layer ( instead of tween) and got the error message...
Another issue is that I have to keep swf film on 40 kb or just little above, and it seems to me that Eff2 are enlargin the size of movies significantly...

Could yuo please help resolve this?

Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2011 09:24AM by user619301.
Re: FLASHEFF2 ERROR: Target must be a non-null DisplayObject.
March 07, 2011 08:20AM
Make sure that the flasheff's target, has the same instance name (or has an instance name) as long your flasheff's stays on your timeline. Let me know if you don't manage to make this work.
Regarding the size problem:
Standard FlasHEff2 component weights 19 KB and flasheff2Code component around 39 KB. Also FlashEff2 Premium versions comes with a few light flasheff2 components as following:

flasheff2Button 8 KB
FlasHEff2Filter 6 KB
FlasHEff2ShowHide 15 KB
FlasHEff2ShowHideMC 9 KB
FlashEffNano 7.645 kb

The rest will depend on each effect/pattern you are using.
I hope this helps.
Re: FLASHEFF2 ERROR: Target must be a non-null DisplayObject.
March 07, 2011 08:29AM
Thank you very much for fast reply. Information about size of components is very helpful! I will try what you have suggested and let you know.
sincerely

Tanja
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.