Timeline question

Posted by user632191 
Timeline question
March 02, 2011 03:01PM
I'm not 100% sure how it works, I cant see the animations that Flash eff does in my timeline making it hard for me to judge when something should start and when something should finish.

I make 4-5 flash adverts a day and I'm a little confused how this works...

Do I really have to sit and work out how many frames something has to be on the screen instead of just being able to drag the symbol length in the timeline?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2011 03:02PM by user632191.
Re: Timeline question
March 03, 2011 07:36AM
The TweenDuration property can be set only in seconds, so you will need to calculate the number of frames needed.
framesNeeded=showDelay+showTweenDuration+hideDelay+hideTweenDuration * document's frameRate.
March 03, 2011 08:51AM
Ok thanks you very much, might need a calculator next to me while I animate then...

I really recommend you guys make an option to change seconds to frames on the flash eff panel.
September 04, 2011 06:35PM
Hi I've got a problem with this timeline and frames thing.

I have a show preset wich is set to 2 seconds (no delay and no hide). the framerate is 30 fps. that means that the tween should take 60 frames in total. I have only 35 frames in my flashfile but the tween stil completes (it shouldn't!!).
September 05, 2011 01:59PM
Are you sure that the effect is completed? Did you add the transition_end event in order to check that? Sometimes the effect just look like is over because of the ease used, but actually is not.
September 07, 2011 08:23PM
another problem: I have 2 backgrounds. I want the first background to appear for about 10 seconds and after that I set the second background to appear BEFORE the first disappears. But there is some kind of delay in my swf wich i don't know about. the second background just pops up toooo late. the delay in flasheff is set to 0 sec but still. please help
September 07, 2011 09:00PM
and by the way how do you check if a tween ends with transition_end event? i still a noob so my apologies.
September 08, 2011 11:21AM
You can check when the effect is finished by using TRANSITION_END event on flasheff.
Regarding the other problem, I can't say for sure why that is happening since I don't know and I can't see what you did in your flash file. Probably there is some delay there of which you are not aware of. Or perhaps you add the second effect to late on your timeline.
If that's not the case, open a ticket and send us the fla file and we will take a look.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.