Flash Eff Premium Pro / Nano install problem - CS5 OSX

Posted by Koofka 
Flash Eff Premium Pro / Nano install problem - CS5 OSX
October 22, 2010 07:10PM
Afternoon,

Been wrestling with a problem installing FlashEff2 on OSX Snow Leopard / CS5 for the past day or two. Seem to have tracked down the issue to the use of network home directories for the users on my network. FlashEff2 installed via a local administrative account works as expected. But installed via a network user with local administrative rights and the install takes and exceedingly long amount of time, appears to complete successfully, but upon opening the panels in Flash they open empty. The panel opens, but the content is white / blank.

Would seem the problem is usage of a network home directory for users. The install appears to function correctly and places the files in the expected Library locations. I did run through and check the security on the various swfs installed and most were read write for the user / owner and read only for everyone else.

Any help / suggestions would be appreciated - particularly if this is a known issue.

Best,

- J
Re: Flash Eff Premium Pro / Nano install problem - CS5 OSX
October 24, 2010 07:35PM
Solved this problem or so it seems via the commentary off a post on adobe's forums:

[forums.adobe.com]

Turns out the network home directory caused several panel swf's to fail (Projects, Code Snippets, etc) along with the opening shortcut screen.

Solution is to adjust in OSX Workgroup Manager the Login preferences for the computer. In addition to the several network mappings I am manually adding at logon, there is a checkbox for "Add network home share point". Checking that and restarting solved the issue.

Note: it is possible that the problem was also related to the fact that on this mac, in addition to using a network home directory, I was managing Share Point mappings at logon and the default behavior for the Items panel where these settings are made left the option for a network home share point unchecked. Didnt have the time to backtrack and test that idea.

Best and HTH someone else with the issue.

Koof
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.