Switch objects / Help for a dummy :(

Posted by midaqua 
Switch objects / Help for a dummy :(
June 25, 2010 01:03AM
Hello to every experienced Flash & Flash Eff Users!

So I have a problem and hope, that somebody could be so kind to help me.
I am the kind of User, who cannot ActionSripts/Flash programming. Just playing with the timeline for simple animations. A real dummy I guess.
So I hoped Flash Eff (Flash effects without programming) is my Solution!
Now I have the problem that my planned work is not described in the Manual or in tutorials.

I want to show a graphic of a town with its suburbs. When clicking on a suburb, a description should appear besides the graphic. I tried to do it with “Switch objects” but I do not know how and it doesn’t work. I don’t even know, whether “Switch Objects” is the right Thing for this goal.

Could somebody give me a step by step Manual for making this action?
I need to do this work for my job and you would really help me! Maybe I can do something else for you in the future for revenge… (Except Flash)

Thank you for attention!
Daniela from Germany

Re: Switch objects / Help for a dummy :(
June 25, 2010 08:10AM
midaqua,

Bellow are the steps you should make in order to obtain that result using FlashEff2 SwitchObjects command.

1. Apply a button effect on the main object (in your case a suburb object ) then choose the FECSwitchObject command from the command list. Please check the bellow screen capture in order to see ho to configure that command:

[www.screencast.com]

2. Set a flasheff2 transition on the second object that will be shown or hided when the first object is clicked. Also you will have to make sure that the "autoplay" parameter (this parameter can be found under the Option tab) is unchecked.

Bellow is a link where you can download an example(this example contains the free version of the component) about how to use that command.

[www.jumpeye.com]

I hope this helps.
June 25, 2010 02:23PM
Dear florodebat,
Thank you so much! The screenshot and example file are perfect for me to learn about this method.
I practice it also with Symbols instead of Text and it went also well ?
I don’t wanna be too brash but could you also tell me how I can handle following:

1. By clicking on the Description-Object, I want it to disappear again?
2. How can I make a target object appear but the first object disappear in the same time? Just changing?

Thank youuuuu!!
June 29, 2010 03:34PM
midaqua,

I am glad to hear that helped. Bellow are my suggestions regarding your new questions:

1. You could simply add a MouseEvent.CLIK to the flasheff2 instance that targets the text-field and tell it to hide(); when it is clicked. To achieve that you will have to set a hide transition on the falsheff2 instance that targets the text-field and uncheck the hide "autoPlay" parameter that can be found under the Option tab inside the FlasHEff2 panel. The code should look similar to the one bellow:

fee2.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, hideTextfield);

function hideTextfield(evet:MouseEvent):void {

fee2.hide();

}

2. You will have to listen to TRANSITION_START event and detect when the transition starts on the second flasheff2 instance in order to tell the first flasheff instance to hide. Bellow is a sample code:

fee2.addEventListener(FLASHEFFEvents.TRANSITION_START, effectStarting);

function effectStarting(evt:FLASHEFFEvents):void {

fee1.hide();
}

I hope this helps.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.