FlashEff disabling Events

Posted by bartpop 
FlashEff disabling Events
June 07, 2010 11:16PM
I'm running into a problem. I've created several movie clips using a custom class which listen for ROLL_OVER, ROLL_OUT, and CLICK events. For this class, buttonMode=true, mouseChildren=false and useHandCursor=true. I then added these class objects to a "_container" Sprite. At this point all clips work as expected.

I then added a FlashEff effect (StripesNo2) to show and hide the _container movie clip. The effect shows and hides as expected, but now the ROLL_OVER, ROLL_OUT and CLICK events are not firing. The unusual thing is that I'm getting the hand cursor when I roll over the embedded movie clips, but the ROLL_OVER, ROLL_OUT and CLICK events are not firing (I checked by adding a trace commands to my functions).

If I remove the FlashEff effect, everything goes back to working as usual.

Anyone know why this could be happening?
Re: FlashEff disabling Events
June 07, 2010 11:30PM
Wow. Followed a hunch and wound up solving my issue. Here's what I did.

Since I had (step one) added my objects to the container sprite and then (step two) applied the FlashEff effect and that wasn't working, I theorized that when the FlashEff instance was created (I'm creating it through ActionScript), it altered the Event path, even though my class objects were listening for events on 'this'.

I tried (step one) adding the FlashEff effect to an empty container Sprite, and then (step two) adding the my movie clips and viola, problem solved.

Hope this solution helps someone else down the line.

Cheers.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.