Pattern sizing

Posted by bartpop 
Pattern sizing
April 23, 2010 06:00PM
I have a question regarding how FlashEff (premium 2 plus) generates the patterns it uses for transition effects. I am trying to use a show/hide effect and I'd like to match the pattern of the transition effect grid with a grid that I've created in my Flash SWF.

For example, I have a movie clip instance named 'container' and it contains images laid-out in a 6x6 grid, with each image being 160px wide and 80px tall. I'm applying a FESFlipSquare transition and have set the squareWidth property to 160px and the squareHeight to 80px, but it does not match the layout in my 'container' clip. I'm forced to experiment with changing the squareWidth to 158px, 157px, 156px etc and exporting to try to match my layout. Time consuming and frustratingly arbitrary.

Can anyone shed some light on how FlashEff generates it's pattern grids so that I can set these properties definitively, rather than a long process of trial-and-error. Much thanks.
Re: Pattern sizing
April 23, 2010 06:40PM
After some more experimentation, there's certainly something going on behind the scenes that I don't understand. Setting the squareWidth to 147px results in the pattern grid with being about 5px narrower than my 160px wide grid elements. Setting the squareWidth to 148px results in the pattern grid being about 5px wider than my 160px wide grid elements. ???
Re: Pattern sizing
April 27, 2010 03:37PM
bartpop,

Unfortunately , I do not know which is the exact algorithm that calculates the size and the number of squares in which the target will be divided but I can tell you that the algorithm always rounds the size of the squares in order to fit exactly. Unfortunately the only solution is to trial-and-error.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.