xml slideshow?

Posted by refael 
xml slideshow?
April 11, 2010 02:31AM
Hi Everyone,

Pretty new, just downloaded the free version. basically as i am great in jquery i can do similar animations but what i see in here is way to beautiful... i am not a flash programmer and i am not familiar in action script. all i was searching here is to use the premium version preset to create an xml slideshow where or something similar but not to embed (include) the photos inside the flash. is it possible? is there any tutorial to lean how to do it before upgrading to the premium ver?
Re: xml slideshow?
April 13, 2010 12:59PM
I am really sorry but we do not have examples about how to apply flasheff2 effects to images that are loaded from an xml file. You need to write extra AS3 code in order to integrate flasheff2 in that kind of scenario.

Bellow is an example about how to create a Flash Actionscript 3.0 Slideshow with XML. You can use that example in order to learn how to load images from an xml file then you will have to check the FlashEFf2's "AS3 usage.pdf" file where you can find the component's methods and events you need to use in order to show() or hide () the objects accordingly to the scenario you want to use.

[www.thetechlabs.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2010 11:30AM by florodebat.
July 06, 2010 12:51PM
Hello: I am having serious issues with processor overload when loading internal movieclips in the slideshow. I need to load external jpgs via xml. Is there now an example using the FlashEff and the Premium (Basic pack with fixed presets) version? I believe it is possible because in the component's Misc tab there is a field for XML Load. and i understand that a year ago according to the above submission there was no example, but seeing as how this is probably a major usability issue for many customers, I am hoping that an example has been created for users.....

I am not a serious programmer, which is why I bought the Premium version, so the above directions are no use to me.

thanks
July 08, 2010 11:28AM
Hi,

The XML Load tab from the FlasHEff2 panel does not have the functionality you are looking for. That option only allows you to load an xml file that configures the components properties.

To achieve what you want to achieve you need to have advanced or at least intermediate ActionScript skills. The tutorial I suggested above should help you to load and parse the xml file only remaining to integrate flasheff2. Unfortunately we do not have such an example but you could open a new ticket and and maybe the technical team will give you some suggestions in that direction.

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2010 05:55AM by florodebat.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.