On Tween Duration - Newbie

Posted by libman 
On Tween Duration - Newbie
March 05, 2010 04:41PM
Hi Folks,

Simple question, if not a stupid question, which I could not find answered in the documentation.

First I am using Flash CS4 and I have the full version of Flash EFF. Just got it.

I am examining the Tween Duration area under custom tweening. There are settings from .1 to 20. Are these numbers fractions of a second and second settings?

Of course having the above question answered determines how my animation will be effected if I choose the movie to be 30 frames per second.

Am I correct in assuming if I set my document to 30 frames/sec and have 300 frame movie, i.e. a 10 second movie, and then set my tween duration to 10, then the 10 in the tween duration will perfectly fit the timeline of my movie? I am assuming so.

Sorry I'm being a slow poke in regard to the tweening numbers. But based on the second concept that I am suggesting in the previous paragraph my animations are NOT getting timed in the manner that I would expect.

All the best,
Libman

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2010 04:58PM by libman.
Re: On Tween Duration - Newbie
March 06, 2010 12:34PM
Is there anyone at Flash EFF that watches this forum.

Is my question too simple to answer?

Florin from Flash EFF clarified the settings are in seconds and suggested I do the following: "add the show delay + show tween duration + hide delay + hide tween duration values and multiply them with the document's frame rate."

I do not understand how to implement the above? Could someone clarify the process?

Libman
Re: On Tween Duration - Newbie
March 08, 2010 10:07PM
libman,

The tweenDuration represents the time in seconds, the show or hide animation will last. Setting a show tweenDuration of 2 seconds on a file which has the frame rate set up to 30frames/seconds means that you will have to extend the timline for the show animation to work proper with about 60 frames.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.