optimize hangs flash CS4

Posted by waltenstein 
optimize hangs flash CS4
January 29, 2010 06:38PM
When I try to use flasheff 2's Optimize FLA function it hangs flash CS4 consistently. Has anyone else seen this behavior? Is there anything I can do about it?

As an additional bit of information, flash CS4 also hangs when trying to use the Update FLA function.

Whenever I try to use either function, I get the normal pop up window saying it's Optimizing or Updating, then the circular cursor starts moving to about the bottom (one half turn) then stops permanently, and flash becomes unresponsive even after several minutes of waiting.

I'm using Windows 7.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 06:41PM by waltenstein.
Re: optimize hangs flash CS4
February 03, 2010 09:05PM
waltenstein,

There were other users that had the same problem and they fixed by closing and reopening the FlashEff2 Panel. Also please try to restart Flash before using again the "Optimize fla" option.
February 04, 2010 12:16AM
This sounds like a program bug/instability in flasheff2.
February 05, 2010 04:12PM
waltenstein,

You are right there could be a bug in the component but unfortunately we have only a few reports about that issue and no luck in replicate it . However if that issue is FlashEFf2 related it will be definitely fixed if it is technically possible. Thank you very much for bringing that issue in our attention.

Have a nice weekend!
Re: optimize hangs flash
September 30, 2013 04:07AM
I am also having the same issue regarding Update/Optimize. I tried this multiple times even after closing and re-opening FlashEff2 panel and Flash as well but no luck. I started using it today only but it seems it's not working.
October 09, 2013 03:03PM
Unfortunately the optimize and update options don't work well when using multiple frames.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.