Text effects inside MovieClips

Posted by haam 
Text effects inside MovieClips
November 18, 2009 09:23PM
Hi -

I have a dynamic text field (txt) inside of a movie clip (text1). I'm using FlashEff to animate the text field (txt) inside of the movie clip (text1). The animation works perfectly however when the animation is done I need to fade out the text. I assumed that it would be as easy as fading out the movie clip (text1) that the text field (txt) lives in but there's either a duplicate of the text that's been created by FlashEff or the text no longer lives in context of the movie clip (text1) i that it once did.

When fading the parent mc didn't work I tried fading the text field using FETAlpha but again, I'm still left with duplications of every text field I effect with FlashEff.

So basically it seems like once I've used FlashEff to animate Text inside a movie clip that the parent clip is no longer part of the path.

Is this correct? Am I missing something? I can't imagine why anyone would build an animation engine with ~10,000 nifty effects that creates situations where you can't control objects once they've been effected.

Thanks for the help.

-haam
Re: Text effects inside MovieClips
November 23, 2009 05:40AM
had the same prob fading a dyn. text in a mc, using the caurina tweener... all i had to do is to embed the font...

o1e
November 23, 2009 07:06PM
Thanks but I think you're confused. This has nothing to do with embedding the font or the tweening engine being used.
November 24, 2009 02:25PM
haam,

It is true that the flasheff target object is placed on the FalshEFf2 container during the animation. However there are FlashEff2 methods like removeEffect() and removeAll() which can be used to remove the FlasHEFf2 effects and to restore the target object to it's initial state. Also please note that you can access the FlashEff2 target object even if it is already contained in the FlashEff2 container by using the FlashEFf2 "target" property. Please check the documentation file which is included in the FlasHEff2 downloaded package in order to find more information about how to use those methods.

I have tried to replicate those issues you are experiencing but with no luck. Please follow the link bellow in order to open a new support ticket and attach their the source file along with a detailed description about that issue and someone will get back to you with a solution. Thank you.

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]
November 24, 2009 03:06PM
Thanks florodebat, that's useful as I hadn't tried any of the removal methods. If you are Florin then you and I have been talking via email (anxiousarmsATgmail.com) and you already have my test files. I'll work with the removal tools, thanks!

EDIT: target.removeAll() worked perfectly. thank you! one thing that should be noted is that the new text that the FlashEff creates is rendered as Animation text so if you're rendering your original text for Readability you're going to see a 1 pixel jump when you removeAll(). I set my original text to Animation and it's now seamless.

Thanks again for the help!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2009 04:04PM by haam.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.