Combine flasheff projects.

Posted by chook 
Combine flasheff projects.
November 18, 2009 11:18AM
I need to combine 3 SWF's or 3 FLA's that Ive been working on.

Ive tried copying all frames and pasting all frames which did not work... could I have two conflicting mc names or is this not possible?
I tried importing swfs to the library and dragging them to the stage but all the flasheff effects disappear?
Is there a limit to the number of effects you can use in one project?

I have a deadline at work and I did the whole project with flasheff premium. If I can't combine these files im toast.
Please can someone help me out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2009 11:34AM by chook.
Re: Combine flasheff projects.
November 18, 2009 04:22PM
Like some other posters I am very frustrated to find out that in order to use more then 10 effects in a project you must constantly nest movie clip inside movie clip. I have wasted days of valuable time. No mention of this in any of the tutorials.

For anyone else with this problem error 1065 seems to mean too many effects. Nesting movie clips seems to do the trick.

Not happy
November 19, 2009 04:22PM
chook,

I am really sorry for that issue but that is the best method in order to avoid any conflict when mutiple flasheff instances are used in the same file. Another method you could use in order to avoid that problem is to set a unique instance name for each flasheff instance.
January 29, 2010 08:32PM
Quote:
florodebat
Another method you could use in order to avoid that problem is to set a unique instance name for each flasheff instance.

This does not work for me. I have 39 instances of flasheff 2.0 and they work fine. When I add the 40th all of them silently fail to execute. The movie just plays without any of the flasheff effects. I painstakingly double-checked by searching for FlashEff2 in my movie explorer to make sure I got them all, and sure enough I did. Still, no joy unless I reduce the number of instances to 39 or fewer.

I went a step further and changed all 40 instances of the Text fields that flasheff were attached to, so now each of those is unique as well. Still broken.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2010 08:49PM by waltenstein.
February 03, 2010 09:02PM
waltenstein

that method worked fine for me. However that issue will definitely be fixed once each flasheff instance from the stage is placed into a separate movieclip together with it's target.
February 21, 2010 06:52PM
Florodebat,

Got the very same issue, how do you put a flasheff instance into a seperate movieclip, that solves the problem?

Thanks

Ioan
February 24, 2010 10:30AM
that task is quite simple. Select the flasheff2 instance on the stage press and hold the "Shift" key and then also select the target object. In that way both, the flasheff instance and it's target object will be selected in the same time. After they were selected choose Modify< Convert to symbol. Please see the example bellow.

[www.screencast.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2010 07:31PM by florodebat.
September 02, 2011 05:16AM
Well at least you can get 10 to work, I can't get 2 to work! I have tried every method mention on this whole board and each is a complete failure, guess this is one of those $70.00 pile of junk apps, hopefully my account can find a way to make a tax break out of it!
September 02, 2011 12:01PM
I'm sorry but what exactly doesn't work? What did you try to do and it didn't work, could you please give us more details?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.