StationPanels wont work

Posted by CrystalJewess 
StationPanels wont work
October 27, 2009 07:52PM
I have been trying to use the text effect StationPanels. I have followed the tutorials and all of the other forum topics about this effect and still it is not working. The text is dynamic text, it has an instance name it is anti-aliased for animation. I have embedded the characters and it is rendered for html.
I tried deleting the target and re-creating and the station panels text effect is still not working for me. I am getting this error:

Quote:
ArgumentError: Error #2015: Invalid BitmapData.
at flash.display::BitmapData()
at com.jumpeye.flashEff2.text.stationPanels::FETStationPanels/getBitmap()
at com.jumpeye.flashEff2.text.stationPanels::FETStationPanels/startTransition()
at com.jumpeye.flashEff2.text.stationPanels::FETStationPanels/show()
at FlashEff2/transitionEffect()
at FlashEff2/draw()
at com.jumpeye.core::JUIComponent/callLaterDispatcher()

I am very disappointed after having purchased this product for a specific purpose which includes the stationpanels effect.
Re: StationPanels wont work
October 28, 2009 07:29AM
Hi,

Well...this error is usually caused by some weird Adobe Flash Error. Please delete the target, drag it again on the stage and reapply the FlashEff2 component.
Let me know if this helps,

Ionut
October 28, 2009 01:14PM
Ok Ionut,
After having deleted and re-done it for the fifth time it still does not work. Is there a solution that doesn't imply that I have asked for help without following the directions or trying more than once to get it right?
Why is this product for sale if it usually causes a flash error?
Crystal
November 06, 2009 02:35PM
CrystalJewess,

It seems there is a bug in the FETStationPanels pattern when it used in a file that is published for Flash9 . Please try to publish the file for Flash Player 10 and it should work.

We have already added that bug to the bug list and it will be fixed with the next major update. Thank you for your understanding.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.