Example Request: Simple Transition Tracking

Posted by pheral 
Example Request: Simple Transition Tracking
September 28, 2009 07:22PM
I'm running into a bit of a brick wall with my current approach. I am quite pleased with how simple FlashEff2 is to use thus far. I currently use the instructions based on the tutorials available (dragging the flasheff2 component onto the stage, and using the inspector to configure my transitions, etc). I am having some difficulty making the transition to actionscript control of these effects.

For example, I am attempting to set up an application that has four different frame labels for navigation. There are four navigation buttons configured via Flasheff2. These function well for jumping to the new frame labels by using the FECallFunction which ultimately runs a gotoAndStop("FrameName");

My brick wall is that I would like to apply a hide transition to the other objects currently on the stage at the time the button is pressed. I apply the transition fine, but it is never viewed as the gotoAndStop kicks in before the transition gets a chance to play. I noticed in the manual that there is an isTransitioning property, but that documentation seems to assume that everything is created using actionscript, which is a bit over my head at this point. Is there any way I can use a clip instanced as MyClip, and an effect with an instance name of MyEffect created via drag-and-drop to solve this problem?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.