Possible to make Eff2 conform to timeline durations?

Posted by grossmat 
Possible to make Eff2 conform to timeline durations?
September 20, 2009 12:07PM
Greetings. I've gone through the tutorials, manuals and also combed through the forums regarding timeline usage with Eff2. The underlying conversation is that you look at the Eff2 settings for show/hide/delay times, consider your movie FPS and do the math to get the Eff2 modified object to display the way you want with other layers, etc. My questions is whether Eff2 can be made to conform to the timeline instead? That is, if I have a layer and I drag the object out for 90 frames, then place my Eff2 effect onto that object and choose my patterns/effects, that the effect runs to the timeline duration and not the Eff2 duration. The reason I'm asking is Flash is an animation program where we're conditioned to working to a timeline where we relate object on layers to a visual time index. While Eff2 makes some amazing animations really quickly, they don't fit a layered timeline concept - which means less time creating and more time calculating, modifying tween parameters within Eff2, etc., so that visual rendering concept gets lost completely. When I normally make a classic or motion tween, i set the duration on the timeline and then conform the object animation to the timeline. So is it possible to add a "conform Eff2 to timeline" option where the Eff2 effects show/hide/delay/tween settings are adjusted proportionally to the set duration? I suppose this is more of a feature request since I think I already know it's not possible currently - and I'm sure that not all effects would conform perfectly, etc. but it sure would be more in the spirit of an animator's/editor's eye. Thanks for the great work otherwise! Any feedback is greatly appreciated.
Re: Possible to make Eff2 conform to timeline durations?
September 23, 2009 06:27AM
Hi grossmat,

Thanks for the idea, if it is possible to make the timeline conform to the tween duration that would greatly ease the work of the users. On the other hand It might make some effects not work as good, giving them some limitations. We will look more into this for the future versions.
Until then you should try to always calculate the size of your timeline by this formula: fps * seconds of animation = frames on timeline.
Thank you again for taking time and pointing this out your feed back is always greatly appreciated.

-Ionut
Re: Possible to make Eff2 conform to timeline durations?
September 23, 2009 05:53PM
Hi lonut, thanks for the follow-up. Yes, I agree: by making the timeline a tween setup, some of the animations may not look as optimal as you've designed them. I suppose in that case you make a pop-up dialogue which states something like "this animation looks best with a minimum of x frames" when a user goes to manipulate the stock tween length. If the user ignores the length-hint, then they can still tweak the parameters within the paid version or perhaps you can also calculate a percent-change and apply that to the existing parameters, essentially scaling the overall animations, dwells, etc. for a reasonable interpretation of the original. Thanks again for a great product...
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.