flash eff and dynamic text fields (as3)

Posted by vincelee888 
flash eff and dynamic text fields (as3)
September 10, 2009 11:08PM
hello

i am interested in purchasing your product for my app. i need text animations where i can set the text being displayed dynamically - ie via as3 - is this possible with your components?

the swf containing the dynamic text animations will then be downloaded by another swf - is this possible? i only ask this because another animation component threw errors when attempting this

regards

vince
Re: flash eff and dynamic text fields (as3)
September 11, 2009 08:40AM
Hi Vince,

Yes, I can confirm that our component can load text via AS3, XML, or MySQL. You can later load the clip into another clip with or without a preloader.
If you have problems doing this things our support staff is at your disposal.

-Ionut
September 16, 2009 04:41PM
hi,

thanks - had a play with the free version and got it working fine. is there a way to reset the animation, and start it again, with script?
September 17, 2009 06:22AM
To stop the animation use either componentInstanceName.removeEffect() or componentInstanceName.removeAll()
To start a animation use either componentInstanceName.show() or componentInstanceName.hide().
Check the documentation for more info.
October 08, 2009 02:03PM
hi,

made a bit more progress with this. my current situation is now:

A.swf loads X.swf, Y.swf, Z.swf, sets dynamic text for each clip, then plays each one sequentially, looping back to X when Z is finished. This is working fine, with standard frame based animations in X, Y and Z.

If I then set Y as a movie utilising FlashEff 2.0, I get the following behaviour:

A loads only Y:

Y plays as desired the first time, but on second play, it loses the text values passed to it from A

A loads X and Y:

plays as expected

A loads Y then X:

X plays fine, but with Y (the FlashEff 2.0 enabled movie), on the frame the FlashEff 2.0 component appears on the stage, it throws the following error:

TypeError: Error #1034: Type Coercion failed: cannot convert flash.display::MovieClip@239e7c41 to FlashEff2.

TypeError: Error #1009: Cannot access a property or method of a null object reference.
	at adgen_playlist::Ad_FlashEff/__setProp___id0__Scene1_blockbg_2()
	at adgen_playlist::Ad_FlashEff/frame3()

A loads X, Y and Z:

X plays fine, Y throws same error as above

any ideas?

cheers

vince
October 08, 2009 02:05PM
ps. where is the link to the documentation - can't seem to find it on the site
October 08, 2009 08:23PM
i have tried using UILoader/new ApplicationDomain as mentioned here: [www.flasheff.com], but it shows the same behaviour
October 09, 2009 02:20PM
vincelee888,

You can find the documentation in the FlashEff2 downloaded package. You can also open a new support ticket, attach there your source files along with a detailed description and someone will help you to solve that issue.

[www.jumpeyecomponents.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.