Errors in AS3 Usage Doc

Posted by TerryG 
Errors in AS3 Usage Doc
September 05, 2009 08:52PM
First, none of the code examples for the listed properties and methods will work because the import statements are incorrect.

This:
import com.jumpeye.flasheff2...
Should be:
import com.jumpeye.flashEff2... // upper case 'E' in flashEff2

Second, after correcting the import statements I'm getting runtime errors when I try the code example for the swapTargetInstanceName property:
FLASHEFF2 ERROR: ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property _swapTransitionStartCommands not found on FlashEff2Code and there is no default value.
	at FlashEff2/transitionEffect()
	at FlashEff2/hide()
	at FlashEff2/hideCaller()
	at flash.utils::Timer/_timerDispatch()
	at flash.utils::Timer/tick()
ReferenceError: Error #1069: Property _swapTransitionEndCommands not found on FlashEff2Code and there is no default value.
	at FlashEff2/dispatchEvent()
	at com.jumpeye.flashEff2.text.blur::FETBlur/motionFinish()
	at Function/http//adobe.com/AS3/2006/builtin::apply()
	at com.jumpeye.transitions::TweenLite/complete()
	at com.jumpeye.transitions::TweenLite/render()
	at com.jumpeye.transitions::TweenLite$/updateAll()

The _swapTransitionStartCommands and _swapTransitionEndCommands properties don't seem to be documented anywhere. I'm using Flash CS4 on Win XP.
Re: Errors in AS3 Usage Doc
September 07, 2009 06:55AM
I'm having trouble understanding what patterns are you trying to import or do. Could you show me a sample fla file? If uploading it to a fpt is not an option please open a ticket and attach it there.
September 07, 2009 01:58PM
It's the code example in 'ActionScript3.0 Usage.pdf' for the 'swapTargetInstanceName' property.
September 20, 2009 02:28PM
Version 5.2.4 of FlashEff2 released on Sep. 17, 2009 fixes the import statement errors in the AS3 Usage pdf, but the code example in the doc for the 'swapTargetInstanceName' property is still throwing the same runtime errors. This code example is basically repeated for the descriptions of the 'swapDelay', 'swapTarget', 'swapTargetVisibility', 'swapTransition', 'swapTransitionName', and 'swapType' properties, and these all examples throw the same errors.

Does anyone have a working example using the swap properties?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2009 02:45PM by TerryG.
September 27, 2009 05:53PM
Hi,

I am having the same problem trying to use swap() function.

Property _swapTransitionStartCommands not found on FlashEff2Code and there is no default value

as effects i used FESRoundedSquareScale, and FESAlpha.

I tried to set it but no luck.

Thanks.
September 29, 2009 12:36PM
This isn't an error in the pdf, but it relates to ActionScript usage.

When you install FlashEff2 (not the free version), a folder named "Document Class Example" is created inside the "Tutorial Files" folder. In the document class MyExample.as, there is this line:
import FlashEff2;
You might think it would be more appropriate to use this instead:
import FlashEff2Code;
As it turns out, though, neither import statement is necessary -- you just have to drag the FlashEff2 or FlashEff2Code component to the .fla's library.
October 12, 2009 02:28PM
@ TerryG

You are right, there was a typo in the previous version of the FlashEff2 documentation but it was fixed with the release of the current version. You are also right regarding the swapTransition issue which actually seems to be a bug in the FlashEff2Code component. I have tested the swapTransition with both version of the component FlashEff2 and FlashEff2Code and noticed that the error occurs only with the FlashEff2Code component. We have already added that bug to the Bug List and it will be fixed with the next major update. Till then you can only use the swapTransition with the FlashEff2 component. Thank you for your understanding on that matter and for your report.
October 12, 2009 04:48PM
Thanks Florin.

I've been wondering about the differences between the FlashEff2 and FlashEff2Code components. It looks like FlashEff2Code bundles all the code for easing...Are there any other (intentional) differences?
October 14, 2009 11:41AM
@ TerryG

That is the only difference between them and unfortunately if you want to use the regular FlashEff2 with code you will have to manually import in the library the needed presets and easing functions .
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.