New Buttons are Null after adding EFF2

Posted by socalfish 
New Buttons are Null after adding EFF2
September 03, 2009 11:36AM
I need to clarify a little here. I have added Eff2 to a Button Object. The Button Object has a Text Object and a Movie Clip of a Rectangle set with 9 slice. This is so I can resize the button if needed. When I drop in just the button from the library and run, the button is null. I have created a new button and found that after adding the MovieClip to the button this is what is causing the problem.

My question is has anyone had this same problem and if so is there a work around?
Re: New Buttons are Null after adding EFF2
September 03, 2009 12:02PM
I have no idea why it's null, it should not be.
Please open a ticket, attach the .fla file and the support team will look at it.
September 03, 2009 12:37PM
Morning lonut,

Here is the set up info. I have a button symbol. Inside the button symbol there is a Static Text object on one layer and a MovieClip on another layer. The MovieClip is a rounded corner 9 slice set rectangle. I built a test fla and added these same components. Added my Effect and then added another button to the stage. All worked great, no null on the buttons. I then copied my button into my other project and did the same thing as above. Now I have two buttons on screen and they are both null? I have updated and Optimized my Effects and this still occurs. All I can think of is that the Effects are still attaching to a button symbol that has a MovieClip in it?

Thanks for the feedback.
Jim
September 03, 2009 01:11PM
So, just to be clear, you create a button in a new .fla file and if you test it here it works, but if you drag it into your project it won't work. Am I right? This is really weird, never happened to me or anyone I know.
I would insist that you send your fla(the one with the problem) to our support staff and they will fix your problem.

Ionut Demian
September 03, 2009 01:17PM
Thanks for the feedback. I will see what I can do about trouble shooting more before I make a ticket out.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.