Loop. Images stay one over each other.

Posted by mikes02 
Loop. Images stay one over each other.
August 22, 2009 08:15PM
I have struggled with this and cannot figure out how I can do this. I want to have maybe 5 or 6 images, with each image using one of the animations to reveal the next image below.

So lets say I have 6 images, and for the purpose of the question I will say I want to fade it out to reveal the next image below (in reality I would probably use one of the cooler effects), and then fade that one out after so many seconds and show the next one below without ever showing a white canvas, and continuously loop through. How do I set this up on the timeline?

I never could figure this out in FlashEff 1 and eventually stopped trying, I know this may be simple to do, but I have no ActionScript experience whatsoever. Please, if you provide any instructions, dumb them down for me :)

I really appreciate any help you can provide. Thank you!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2009 09:02AM by Ionut.
Re: Struggling - I want to make images animate into each other...
August 24, 2009 06:34AM
I made a similar example for someone here on the forums.
You have two options, either create frames and have the pictures placed one above the others, or you could have only one frame and use the delay setting of FlashEff2. When the last picture has finished animating use the FECCallFunction pattern and write the follwing parameters: on the function line write: gotoAndPlay and on the parameter line write 1.
Hope this helps.
August 25, 2009 12:41AM
Do you have a link to the example file? If it were to be done on the timeline, how do you know how many frames to use per image?
August 25, 2009 06:35AM
I don't have an example on the timeline but I can explain how it's done.
Let's say you have 4 images.
You want your effect to last 2 seconds on each image.
When the effect is done you want to have the image displayed for another 2 seconds.
Your frame rate is set to 30 FPS.
For the example above you will need to have 480 frames.
This is how you get that number. Each image has to have 120 frames ( 2 seconds for the animation * 30 FPS + 2 seconds for displaying *30 FPS).

It's easier than it looks. Just click on the 480 th frame on your time line, hit F6 then put a picture on the 1 st frame then on the 120th frame then on th 240 th frame and so on.

If you have enough time and resources post your fla file so everyone can see.
I hope my tutorial helped.

-Ionut
August 29, 2009 06:53PM
Ok, I tried it, and it is not working at all for me, could you please tell me where I am going wrong?

Here is a link to my FLA file: FLA File
Re: Loop. Images stay one over each other.
August 31, 2009 11:27AM
Hi mike,

You need to put each photo on a separate layer but still keep the same frame setting as you did in your example(leave blank frames before and after the photo).
Let me know how it turns out,

Ionut
September 01, 2009 01:08AM
It still is not working for me, what am I doing wrong now?:

FLA File
September 01, 2009 06:12AM
You almost got it.
On the 2nd layer move the frame from 120th to 121st
Do the same thing for the rest of the layers, making sure the layer start exactly from where the previous one ended.
Hope I am making sense, if not, let me know and I'll give you my fla file,

-Ionut.
September 01, 2009 02:25PM
Here is my latest try, it is looping the way I want it to, however, it is fading to a white canvas before showing the next image, I want it to fade right into the next image without ever revealing the white canvas...

Here is my file: FLA File

Another question to add to this would be, what if one of these needed to feature a button, how could you add a button that was only functional while that particular image was on the screen? Would you just make the button frames the same length as the frames the image is on?
September 02, 2009 10:49AM
Hi mike,

Here is a link to a file I made for you. Please take a look and let me know what you think: [www.mediafire.com]

To create a button just place it on any frames and it will work the same as any ordinary button.

-Ionut
September 02, 2009 02:28PM
Thank you! That is EXACTLY what I wanted. How did you know how far in to put the image that lays underneath? I noticed you put it about 50 frames in, was that calculated, or is it just kind of trial and error?

Thank you very much for all of your help.
September 02, 2009 02:51PM
Hi,

To be completely honest I just put the images where I thought the image above would start animating, but you could have calculated exactly where to put it. Multiply the tweenDuration with the frames per second and then subtract that number from your frame position of the image below. Does that make any sense? I think I could come up with a better explination if I kept thinking for a while.
Let me know if you need anything else.

-Ionut
September 07, 2009 06:55PM
One last question. Preloading...

I believe I have heard that FlashEFF animations start playing through even before a preloader is done working? Is that true?

What is the best way to preload for animations such as this?
September 08, 2009 06:05AM
Mike,

There is no better way of using a preloader with FlashEff because it will work in either way. I usually Create my flash animation using FLashEff, and then create a new swf in which I will load my animation created with FlashEff and I can guarantee that it will work every time.
There is a thread that talks about preloaders and if you look, you'll see some preloaders I've made.

Ionut
September 08, 2009 02:15PM
Thanks Ionut, I will take a look at that. Do you happen to remember the thread title, I did a search for your name and there are 13 pages worth of results :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 02:17PM by mikes02.
September 08, 2009 02:38PM
Mike,
Have a look here:[www.flasheff.com]
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.