Starting/Ending Effects...

Posted by RonvdSchaaf 
Starting/Ending Effects...
August 12, 2009 12:58PM
Hello,

Hope someone can help me!

I'm no flash user. lets start with that. But i had to create a flashing header for a client to use in his wordpress website.
So, search around and found FlashEff 2.0.. Seen the free one and thought.. wow, that's neato, yes.. want that.. so upgraded
to the payed version where everything is available but not the saving presets.. Don't need that i thought...

No, learned as a beginner to create a little scene in flash. How to create symbols, using the time line...

But now i have a problem. The little banner is simple. A colored background and words come popping in going out, next word coming in going out... very simple.. used the tutorial at the FlashEff site on basic creating a header with the flowers coming up...
I use the show and hide effects, but al the text are coming in at the same time! The tutorial says create a key frame on a frame further in the time line ad the new text hop on the flasheff and set show and hide... That is not working......

When you take the basic tutorial with the flowers what i need is flower 1 popping up and then going down and then flower 2 is coming up and going down...

Please can anyone tell me how to create that... maybe a command but i don't now wich one, tried some basic stuff but nothing helps....

HELP!!!!!

Regards,
Ron
The Netherlands.
Re: Starting/Ending Effects...
August 12, 2009 01:24PM
You have a delay setting that you can use to delay the show effect or the hide effect.
If you are using a timeline make sure that is big enough. You'll have to do some math, for example, if you have the frame per second set to 30 and your animation takes 2 second you will need 60 frames. Add another 60 frames if you have a 2 second delay and so on.
But if you say you are a beginner I would suggest watching the tutorials a little more, they are not long and they help alot.
If all fails, open a ticket at our support team and they will fix your file for you.
Re: Starting/Ending Effects...
August 12, 2009 02:58PM
Thanx for your support. I will start to investigate the delay settings...

Ron
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.