CANNOT SEE EFX IN SCENES

Posted by mentality 
CANNOT SEE EFX IN SCENES
August 07, 2009 08:55PM
I'm using scenes for a banner and for some reason if I playback the scene it plays the effects fine but if I playback the movie I do not see the efx? This glitch cost me alot of time as my only alternative was to copy and paste frames from the scenes (7) and make the banner one scene and the efx work fine. I find this tool essential for my work and I will not by the premium version until I know what the problem is.

I'm surprised as I do not see this posted from someone as if you make banners it is much easier to do by scene so you can playback each scene instead of doing wwithout scenes and to view the file you need to playback the whole movie.

any reason?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 03:13AM by mentality.
Re: CANNOT SEE EFX IN SCENES
August 08, 2009 03:47AM
Ah, I discovered two things, first I was using the free version Flash Eff 7.7.1, so I downloaded Flash Eff 2 4.2.4. The first version did not come with a manual but the newer version does and I see on page 20. / 9.notes

Remember, it is always good practice to start FlashEff2 animations on the second frame of the
timeline and not on the first frame. FlashEff2 will then have enough time to initialize and
avoid unwanted flickering of the FlashEff2 Component instance and the target object.

We do not recommend using FlashEff2 with Flash clips which have multiple scenes. Flash
movies do not work well with components in multiple scenes, especially complex components
like FlashEff2. If you do have projects with scenes, as an alternative you may select both the
target object and the FlashEff2 effect, turn it into a movie clip, then place that movie clip on
the stage in the scene. However, we do caution against this practice, even though it does
work.

Please let me know if I can use multiple scenes with different mcs nothing repeated.

Because, it is always easier to make banners with scenes.

Plz advize

RDee
August 10, 2009 06:12AM
Hi mentality,

I find it hard to believe that is easier to work with scenes instead of just adding a bunch of frames on the timeline. I tried to create banners with scenes using FlashEff and FlashEff2 and it worked for most of the times.
Please note that when using multiple FlashEff components you might get the 5000, 5002 or 50005 error. To avoid this please copy the component and it's target and put it in a new symbol(select them and hit F8).
Hope this helps,

-Ionut
August 10, 2009 10:35AM
Will try.

rd
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.