EFF2 and dynamic text

Posted by socalfish 
EFF2 and dynamic text
July 30, 2009 01:25PM
I have a dynamic text object on screen at 10, 107. When I add an Text Effect with EFF2 and run the text is repositioned on screen. It appears to be finding the center point and moving the X position to the left. My other text objects work fine in other places. I moved the positioning point of the text field to the left top and it still does the same thing?

Any advice?
Re: EFF2 and dynamic text
July 31, 2009 11:58AM
Try to delete that text object and create it again. Sometime text objects are not initialized correctly by Flash IDE.

If still have problems open a support ticket.

Best regards
July 31, 2009 12:04PM
Thanks demiurgu, I was just about to get back in here to let everyone know that was the problem. I had to delete and recreate the text object and all worked great. Thanks for the feedback.
July 31, 2009 12:33PM
Nice to hear that :)
Re: EFF2 and text not animating
August 15, 2009 01:34AM
Hoping for some help. I am using EFF2 with Flash CS3 and when I go through all of the tutorial steps, word-for-word and effect-by-effect exactly as they do my text does not animate... actually doesn't even show up. I have tried using images with effects and they seem to be working fine but I REALLY need to be incorporating the text transitions and it's driving me nuts! :-P

One issue I have noticed is that when I go to embed the text and select "Autofill" the autofill-able field doesn't fill in. Not sure why that would be either.

Any tips or pointing the right direction will be most appreciated.

As someone once said: "Help me Obi-Wan-Kenobi, you're my only hope!"
August 15, 2009 01:44AM
In the FlashEff2 Panel are you choosing Show - Effect and then Text Patterns? The Symbol Patterns do not work well with Dynamic Text. Also I have had a dynamic text object get corrupted on me before. Never noticed it until I started to add effects to it. Once I deleted the object and recreated the object all worked great. For trying to trouble shoot this problem you are haveing I would create a new Flash File and add a dynamic text object and then a Eff2 effect to it. This way you will be able to find out if it is your flash file or possible Flash itself.
August 15, 2009 01:54AM
Hey! I figured it out! The Embed wasn't working because the font "_sans" just wasn't being recognized. I switched fonts and embed worked wonderfully.

As Homer (Simpson that is) once said "DOH!!"
August 15, 2009 02:07AM
Great! Some fonts can be puzzling at times.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.