How do I add a preloader to Flash Eff 2.0

Posted by andremharris 
How do I add a preloader to Flash Eff 2.0
July 23, 2009 03:21PM
How do you add a preloader to a Flash Eff 2.0 Scene. When i try to add a preloader, the Flash Eff 2.0 animation disappears. Does Flash Eff 2.0 comes with its own preloader? Do I need to create a separate scene to add the preloader?
Re: How do I add a preloader to Flash Eff 2.0
July 24, 2009 08:24AM
Here is what I think, the most simple way to preload a FlashEff2 Clip.
I'll try to explain what I did.
I created a fla file, I drawen tha preloader, added some events listeners to a loader and then created another Fla file that would export a swf which will be preloaded.
I probablly didn't make any sense but it will be all very clear once you look at the files attached.
Here is the link.
Don't forget to compile both files.
July 25, 2009 04:24AM
Thanks for your help. This will work.
August 12, 2009 10:33AM
Hi, is there a way to have everything in one file not 2?
August 12, 2009 01:27PM
Thanks. It worked for me.
August 13, 2009 09:15AM
I'm trying to put the preloader in the same original fla file. Is there a way to make it real? :-)
August 17, 2009 11:05AM
Nobody knows how to put a preloader in one fla file with the movie that it will load? :-(
cause I'm having problems calling this preloader file from the homepage and with internet explorer (it doensn't start, it stays at 1%). Please help! :-)

IT MUST BE VERY HARD TO SOLVE, THIS PROBLEM, SINCE EVERY OTHER POST GOT AN ANSWER BUT THIS! :-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 01:36PM by tania.
August 18, 2009 08:58AM
Hi Tania,

Here is a small tutorial: [www.actionscript.org].
On frame 2 put your animations created with FlashEff.
August 18, 2009 11:02AM
it's in actionscript 1.0.... doesn't it make it unusable?
August 18, 2009 12:21PM
Sorry Tania,

Here is an AS3 example, I don't know what was I thinking when I posted the other one.
Link: [www.republicofcode.com].
You can even download the source files at the end of the page.

-Ionut.
August 18, 2009 12:37PM
Thank you very much Lonut!I'll try it now!
August 19, 2009 04:40PM
I'm sorry to bother again but.... I thought I could solve my problem but it still tortures me.
I had problems with Lonut's first preloader because in Interent Explorer it didn't load. With FF everything's fine, but when I try my swf with IE it just doesn't start. So I tried another way, thinking that the problem was depending on the search of the files. But I was wrong. Even with the last example (from republicofcode.com) I experieced the same issues. What am I doing wrong? Should I publish the swf in some different way? I have no clue of what to do :-(
Tania
August 20, 2009 06:02AM
Make sure that IE has Flash Player installed.
Also, make sure you have the correct embed code because Firefox is more forgiving than IE in this area and maybe thats why it works in Firefox but no IE.
Let me know if it worked and if not we will find a different solution.

-Ionut
August 20, 2009 09:12AM
I downloaded flash player 10 and the code used is this one:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="flash/mymovie.swf" width="900" height="250">
<param name="movie" value="flash/mymovie.swf">
<param name="wmode" value="transparent">
</object>

1) With the preloader from republicofcode.com the problem now is that IE starts the movie straight away, it shows 1 pic or part of it, without considering the preloader. It stops the image like that and download the movie. When it's downloaded it starts and shows all the effects.
From another PC the movie doesn't even start, it shows the bar (that is moved to the left) with this : "infinity%"

") With Lonut's preloader: I tried to do the preloader file again but now It doesn't work. What I mean is that the swf doesn't show all the effects, the pics just show very fast without effects. But the preloader works if I simulate the download from Flash.

I'm going crazy!!!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2009 09:29AM by tania.
August 20, 2009 01:24PM
Hi Tania,

You should open a ticket with our support team and send them all your files. From html to your xml and swf files.
They will look at them and provide a fix for your problem.

-Ionut
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.