flash eff logo flashes when going between pages fast

Posted by groupj 
flash eff logo flashes when going between pages fast
July 13, 2009 04:00PM
Hello,
I searched through the forum and found someone with the same problem I am having. When my flash file loads, and the user clicks fast through all the links, the flash eff logo appears in the upper left hand corner of the movie clip for a second, then goes away. The user who posted the question sent a ticket to get the problem resolved, but never came back and posted the solution - so I'm just asking what I can do to make the logo stop appearing once the flash file is playing and the user is clicking quickly through the pages. I prefer not to send anyone my actual flash file.

This was the original post was from user aammar, and was replyed to by user lonut, and I believe that it was posted under 'MC with FlashEff flashes for a second before animating!' for the previous version (FlashEff 1 (Discontinued version)):
Quote:
Thanks for the response... I'm not sure if this is the solution for my problem... I have tried my website on both mac and pc and the same problem occurs?

If you move very quickly between pages by pressing the buttons, the Flash Eff logo keeps popping up on the effected movies?

here is my website : www.anthonyammar.com (as it might give you a better idea what's happen)

There are also a couple of weird flicker bugs going on too :(

Sorry I'm a bit of a flash newbie... so any help to resolve these issues would be most appreciated :)

Many Thanks,

Anthony

PS Great Product you guys make!

Re: flash eff logo flashes when going between pages fast
July 14, 2009 06:16AM
This problem occurs when FlashEff doesn't have enough time to initialize, or you have too much stuff rendering in the backgorund.
If this is the case, than the solution is simple: create a new frame, put a stop on it, put the target and FlashEff on it. This way FlashEff will only initialize in the second frame.
If this doesn't work open a ticket and the guys in tech support will help you.
And if you have enough time, post the solution so we can all see it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 07:34AM by Ionut.
July 14, 2009 01:15PM
Well how I have my page set up, is I have a few frames with things going on, then on the 11th layer is the layer that the movieclip is on, and the end of the movie clip ends on frame 100. So where would I put the stop since I don't want my entire movie to stop? Would I place the flash eff and the stop on an additional movie clip, then bring that movie clip in on frame 11?

Thanks for your response! :)
July 14, 2009 01:31PM
Well if you are using a timeline don't put a stop, just put the component and the target on a different frame, where there aren't as many animation playing at the same time.
For example, if you have 200 frames, and you want FlashEff to start around the middle, don't put it on the 100th frame, put it on the 101 or 102.
Let me know how this works out for you.

Ionut.
July 14, 2009 01:47PM
Okay I did that, and that got ride of the logo appearing, but now the image shows up for a second, goes away, then goes into the animation. (Since there is a blank frame with the image on in before the animation is supposed to start on the next frame.)
July 14, 2009 01:54PM
Nevermind, that worked. I just lowered the alpha to 0% on the first frame.
You rock! :)

Solution: Instead of putting the flasheff on the first frame of the movieclip, I put it on the second frame, and I have the first frame set to 0% alpha! :)
September 11, 2009 12:36PM
I have a simular problem with an effect on a movieclip appearing in the upper left of screen. I have tried both using a button and movieclip object with the same results...

If you click all over the screen several times, the button that has the effect applied appears in the upper left corner. It appears to be a duplicate of the button without the reflection I added. I have a Main Menu that launches another swf (Lesson) and it is appearing in the Lesson file. I have included all my effects into the Main Menu file and also ran Update on the effects in both the Main Menu and Lesson files.
Any ideas on what could be causing this to happen in Eff2?

Thanks
September 14, 2009 08:51AM
I have no idea why your getting this error. The guys from support might help, please send your fla file in a tiket.
Link: [www.jumpeyecomponents.com]
September 14, 2009 11:33AM
Thanks lonut,
Unfortunately my fla uses allot of external files and may not funciton without them. We have moved on and I will return to this later to see if I troubleshoot the problem. Hopefully my Users won't be clicking all around the screen as my QA tester did. LOL
One can only hope!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.