Just purchased....a little help Please...

Posted by myykk 
Just purchased....a little help Please...
July 12, 2009 12:32PM
Hello.
I want to simply have 6 pictures fading in and out....one after another. Once I get that going, I'd like to add text with effect to each picture once it fades in. I'm not sure how to begin this. I understand one picture with text effects, but how do I setup 6? In other words, what is the walkthrough for a project like this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Myykk
Re: Just purchased....a little help Please...
July 12, 2009 10:26PM
I am doing the same thing; I am almost there but there are a few glitches. This is how I am doing it, but I think there has to be a more elegant way which eludes me. Maybe a more experienced Flash user can clue us in.
First, you will need to have each picture or "slide" on it's own layer. So create a new layer, and create a key frame on frame 2 (this gives EFF time to load up. Place your picture on the stage (picture and stage size should be the same for esthetics) and make it a movie symbol. Now extended that layers timeline for about 100 frames. Next go back to the key frame with the picture and drop the EFF2.0 component onto it. Select SHOW - Alpha, and give it a 2.0 second delay in OPTIONS, next, go to HIDE and select the same, Alpha and delay 2.0 seconds. For the next slide, create a new layer and put a keyframe at about frame 70, extend the frames out to 200 and then go back and place the new pic on the layer2 keyframe. Go through the make symbol process and the EFF2 component procedure again for that picture. Test the movie.. You can play around with the cross over by sliding the second layers key frame closer or farther away from the start.
Problems I've had with this method are:
1. What the hell is the DELAY command? I don't see that spelled out anywhere. Is it a delay before it starts or a delay after it renders?
2. As you add more layers and pictures, the overlap required gets larger and larger - by about 2 seconds worth of frames, (possibly a clue to what the hell DELAY is.), so at about the 7th picture, the overlap is almost over the entire previous pictures timeline!

Let me know if it works for you and if you have any better ideas.
July 13, 2009 12:12AM
OK - I just got it. Here's the trick - it's all in the math. I set my frame rate to 25fps to make the math a little easier.
Again, you will put each picture in the slide show on a separate layer and make a movie component out of each.
Set your EFF2.0 ALPHA settings to SHOW-> 0 delay, HIDE ->2.0 delay (this will show the picture for 2 seconds before it fades out)
The default ALPHA setting is a 1 sec fade in so since you are working in 25fps, that will be 25 frames. It will then have a 2 sec delay, which will take you to frame 75 and then it will have a 1 sec fade out which will put you at frame 100, so set that layers timeline to have 100 frames.
Since you want the frames to smoothly crossover, your next picture should have it's first keyframe at frame 75, so it will be fully visible at frame 100, when the layer above it totally drops out. Then just go extend its frames to 175 and start the process all over again on the third pic which will start at frame 150. Get the idea?
July 13, 2009 01:45AM
Wow. MikeK, that was exactly what I was hoping for. I'll start working on it and get back and let you know how it goes. But I think this is right.

Man, its nice to know there's someone out there doing the same deal. You were very nice to respond.

Appreciate it!
Myykk
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.