Has my ability to edit settings been taken away?

Posted by BruceND75 
Has my ability to edit settings been taken away?
July 11, 2009 10:46AM
I just upgraded from FE2 Private Beta (and before that, FE 1 Premium Unlimited) to FE 2.

The essential aspect of the experience for both those versions of your product was the ability to edit settings. (e.g. color of a dropshadow.)

Now, with FE 2, (uless there is something wrong with my install or setup). I have to accept the presets as they are, with no editing of settings.

Am I mistaken, or has this fundamental aspect of the product been pushed into a just-created, higher, must-pay-$179-more product version??

All of your tutorials for 2 talk as though editing settings is assumed - - yet that is now only for top-of-the-line product?!?

Could someone please clarify for me?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2009 11:33AM by BruceND75.
Re: Has my ability to edit settings been taken away?
July 12, 2009 04:51PM
I too want to know this answer. I upgraded to EFF2 and now I can't edit anything? I sent a email to support but it is the weekend. I am hoping to have some sort of answer on Monday. It would be terrible if now since they discounted EFF1 we had to come up with even more money just to edit those settings. That is what it looks like... Not Good!
July 12, 2009 05:08PM
I was just looking at my documentation and now it appears you have to get the Premium Plus package for $279. Now I am really feeling ripped off because when I first purchased EFF1 I was able to modify the settings and I DID allot. I need to do this as well with the new EFF2. There are no presets that meet my needs on some of my text and movie clip objects. I was told I would get a free upgrade to EFF2 but was not told that I would receive less with the upgrade... meaning some of those nice features I could control in EFF1 will be gone in EFF2 and you will have to pay MORE MONEY to get them back. I do HOPE they read this forum and will respond accordingly.
July 13, 2009 07:38AM
Hi guys,

With the launch of FlashEff2 we intended to make the work of users seem less difficult by removing all the parameters and introducing the presets, meaning that the user doesn't have to know what each parameter does they could just click a preset and get the end result.
There is a Tweak version for sale that costs a little more and has the ability to alter parameter settings but doesn't have presets.
For users that had FlashEff1 Premium and got FlashEff2 Premium and feel that they are not fully satisfied with the upgrade please open a ticket or chat with one of our support team members and we will take care of you.
We never intended to rip anyone off by removing the parameters, we only wanted to enhance the user experience by making FlashEff2 more user friendly.
Hope this helps,

-Ionut
July 13, 2009 11:54AM
I can understand your intent. BUT I like to add the reflection on my text objects and that means I have to adjust the position of the reflection and often the reflection itself. In EFF1 I was able to perform this task with little effort. I was looking at the cost and $279 is a big jump just to be able to set a couple of settings. I am disappointed because EFF2 might be better in some ways and work better inside flash but can't do what I could with EFF1. I sent an email to support and the response was less then satisfactory...

"Hello Jim,

The FlashEff2 version you are using does not allows to customize the patterns and to save the presets. That option is added only with the next available package(Tweak). Please check the link bellow in order to see all the FlashEff2 available packages and their features."

Bruce was right above about the tutorials... I watched a few of them and it appeared to me that you could edit the settings, so I am mislead in assuming the product allows this to happen. While it is nice to have those Presets and be able to select, but in my case there is always one or more settings I change frequently.

Now what? Guess I am forced to keep using EFF1 on all my future projects.
July 13, 2009 12:58PM
Guys, you all received FlashEff2 Premium as a gift. Whenever we've sent you the offer, we've sent this link [www.flasheff.com] where you could see that you wouldn't be upgraded for free to the full Premium Plus features. On that table we've promised 500 effects for the Premium license and we've added 3000 on the license you've got. Also, we've added tweening equations, new patterns, the light pack (initially intended to be sold separately) and other cool new features.

The same thing is with you Flash license. If you have Flash CS3, when Flash CS4 is released you have to pay an upgrade price (not the full price) or you can still use Flash CS3. The same thing with FlashEff1...the product you've paid for is not discontinued and it can be used. I hope this makes sense.

BruceND75 and socalfish, you've purchased FlashEff1 at a discounted price which was already a good deal. If you're not pleased with the gift (FlashEff2 Premium), we can refund your orders on FlashEff1. Once the money are refunded FlashEff1 Premium and FlashEff2 Premium licenses will stop working.

IMPORTANT: We do not guarantee support on the forum. The purpose of this forum is for users to help each other. For any other questions, please open a support ticket.
July 13, 2009 01:25PM
Thanks for the info lonut. Here is a support ticket that I opened regarding this issue. #109333

Your right this forum should be used for problems and errors etc and not corresponding back and forward. I apologize for continuing the messaging.
July 14, 2009 10:58PM
If you have the the Premium version, it looks like all effect parameters are customizable through ActionScript. Another way to create a customized effect is to specify an XML file in the Misc tab of the FlashEff2 panel. You just don't get the convenience of immediately seeing a preview of the effect in the FlashEff2 panel.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.