movie clips with FlashEff 2 not going away when moving to different frame

Posted by uncharted 
movie clips with FlashEff 2 not going away when moving to different frame
July 10, 2009 05:42PM
Hi everyone thanks for the cool components and hard work,

It seems that when I use flasheff 2 on movie clips they and I move to another frame where those movieclips are not on the stage they show up anyways. like being there when they are not supposed too. in some case the buttons i made show up double for instance after navigating to a different frame with from a button with flasheff 2 the button shows up twice on the next frame? Thanks for any help anyone has time to offer. I am going to try closing and opening flash and perhaps start over to get these movieclips to go away when they are supposed to
any ideas on why movie clips with flash eff 2 are showing up where not supposed to and duplicating themselves? thanks
Re: movie clips with FlashEff 2 not going away when moving to different frame
July 22, 2009 06:37AM
The easiest way to fix this is to select the component and the target and put it into a movieclip(when selected press F8).
If this doesn't work, please open a ticket with our support team.
Thank you very much lonut that seams like a easy fiix. I will give it a try. I appreciate the help
Hi lonut, Now that my buttons are in their own movie clips is there a way I can have the go to frame target the parent movie clip? Thanks. I researched and saw in version 1.0 you could not do that.
July 23, 2009 06:54AM
That option is still not availible in the new version but there is a way to fix this.
Using FECCallFunction, call a function that you will write in your panel.
That function will execute the following code:
parent.gotoAndPlay(yourFrame);
Let me know if this works out for you.
January 19, 2010 05:03PM
Hi unchartedrealms,
I got the same problem you had. I tried it the way lonut told above but it doesn't work either.
Did you put the whole code "parent.gotoAndPlay(Frame);" into the functionPath in the CallFunction panel or only the framename you want to go to?
Thanks for your help,
Fares
January 20, 2010 09:59PM
fares,

I have tested the Ionut's suggestion and it works fine for me. Please make sure that you are writing just parent.gotoAndPlay in the "functionPath" field and pass the frame number in the "parameters" field.

I hope this helps.
January 21, 2010 08:37AM
hi florodebat,
thanks a lot! now it works.
January 22, 2010 02:59PM
Glad to hear that!
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.