Effects start correctly via "Test Scene" but time delayed in Flash Player

Posted by coolcactus 
Effects start correctly via "Test Scene" but time delayed in Flash Player
July 09, 2009 02:07PM
I put my symbol on the timeline, I add the effect, et voila: it looks perfectly when I click Control > Test Scene. The effect starts exactly at the moment where I've put the effect in the timeline. The delay paramenter is set to 0 BTW.

However, when I export it to a movie clip and watch it in Flash Player 9 on Mac OS X, all the effects are a couple of seconds off. They start about 3 secs too late.

What am I doing wrong?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 02:09PM by coolcactus.
Re: Effects start correctly via "Test Scene" but time delayed in Flash Player
July 09, 2009 02:23PM
I'm not sure what is causing the extra 2 seconds of delay. You may have too many things going at the same time, maybe thats why you get the delay.
Make sure that you don't have any other CPU consuming stuff being initialized at the same time as the animation is. If this is not the problem please write to our support team, they will come up with a fix for you.
Okay, I found the culprit: I have a preloader in the scene before that is approx. 3 secs long. That previous scene pushes all my effects 3 secs back.

Does that mean I am not allowed to have multiple scenes?
Okay, I found it. It's the last sentence in the Complete Manual:

Quote:
We do not recommend using FlashEff2 with Flash clips which have multiple scenes. Flash
movies do not work well with components in multiple scenes, especially complex components
like FlashEff2. If you do have projects with scenes, as an alternative you may select both the
target object and the FlashEff2 effect, turn it into a movie clip, then place that movie clip on
the stage in the scene. However, we do caution against this practice, even though it does
work.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.