How do I delay the time animated text shows on screen?

Posted by hugh711 
How do I delay the time animated text shows on screen?
July 09, 2009 05:55AM
Hi,

I was trying to have some text animate with a Show and Hide transition. My problem is, I cannot get the text to stay onscreen long enough to read it, it moves on to the Hide animation too quickly.

I have tried greatly increasing my frames, still it seems to be exactly the same. Any help would be appreciated.

Hugh
Re: How do I delay the time animated text shows on screen?
July 09, 2009 08:20AM
There is a hide delay parameter. Set it to whatever value you want.
July 09, 2009 11:35AM
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I thought that the delay parameter would delay the start of the transition, not the bit in the middle. I bought this component through an offer email, and it said it would be upgraded to version 2. What I didn't realize was that the settings could not be adjusted in version 2, unless I pay another $179 (or about that) I have to say that I was disappointed to discover this, that I cannot fully control the component.

Anyway, that little rant aside, the delay parameter wont keep the text visible on the screen longer, will it?

Thanks a lot!

Hugh
July 09, 2009 12:01PM
Fisrt: there are 2 delays parameters: one for the show transition and one for the hide. You want to set the hide delay to make your text stay on screen longer. To do this go to the Hide tab, then select the option tab on the second row and you'll see the set delay parameter.
Second: regarding the upgrade. We did offer a free upgrade to FlashEff 2 Premium,right? you can't set any parameters because thats how we said it will be.
We made it like this to ease the work of our users. Now, with the new FlashEff2 they don't actually have to understand what each parameters does, they can just look at the end result and apply it to their target.
If you ar not fully satisfied with the upgrade, please do write to our support team and tell them your frustation.
Hope this clarifies things.

-Ionut.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 12:02PM by Ionut.
July 09, 2009 12:13PM
Hi,

yeah, I thought that "Premium" was the full thing, I didn't realize that there was "Plus" added on to one product. I dare say I could have found out, but when you have never had the product it's hard to know all that it does (or doesn't). Does that make sense? I was surprised to not be able to set something as simple as the transition color in V2.

Anyway, it's my mistake for not looking deeper into it.

I do appreciate your fast reply, thank you very much.

Hugh
July 09, 2009 07:08PM
Hi,

still not getting this to work. I set the parameter you said first to 5, then 50, then 200, and I still see no change whatsoever. I have this spanning 150 frames. Am I missing something?

Thanks.

Hugh
July 10, 2009 06:42AM
It should have worked, but if you say it still doesn't you may have missed something.
Here's what, open a ticket to our support team and attach your file there. Me or a guy from tech support will fix it for you.
Don't forget to mention where and on what movieclip do you want your delay to be changed.

-Ionut.

P.S. Dont forget: you have to change the hide delay not the show delay.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/10/2009 06:43AM by Ionut.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.