TRANSITION BETWEEN TWO MOVIECLIPS

Posted by xFLASHSTUDENTx 
TRANSITION BETWEEN TWO MOVIECLIPS
February 05, 2010 01:32AM
What's going on everybody? I hope everything is well for Flashers.

Quickly, I'm trying to show and hide two different movieclips. Put another way, I want to show one movieclip (clip 1) with a flash eff 2.0 effect, then seconds later, hide that first movie clip and show another movieclip (clip 2) with the same or different flasheff 2.0 effect. Then have that loop all over again. Does anybody have any ready code for that? I'll seriously appreciate it...
Re: TRANSITION BETWEEN TWO MOVIECLIPS
February 05, 2010 07:24PM
you could have them on separate frames and just set up a timer and advance it after a set time. or you could use flashEff to advance it a slide.

The tutorial files "6_timeline_animations" in the download will show you another easy way.
February 09, 2010 04:25PM
Yeah, I'm trying to do this with code only; I abhor using the components... I downloaded a flash intro from this forum where the coder create a looping flash intro with show and hide image transitions and show and hide text effects. It was hot. It's just alot of code and I couldn't de-cipher it totally. I mean, I understood the code, but changing certain functions would not be simple.

I simply want to a show and hide looping image effect but with random images pulled from an array. And random effects on these random images. With an array I can always add or subtract images or effects from the arrays, very modular. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2010 04:39PM by xFLASHSTUDENTx.
February 16, 2010 12:53PM
I'm really interested in a solution, too.

I get my data (images + texts) out of an xml file and want to use the FESBrightSquares as transition.
How do I do it?

This is the part for the image transition in my AS so far (working):

function newImg() {
	if(zeiger == instInfo.length-1) {
		texte_mc["text"+0+"_mc"].filters = [new BlurFilter(20, 20, 4)];
		texte_mc["text"+0+"_mc"]._alpha = 0;
		texte_mc["text"+0+"_mc"]._visible = true;

bilder_mc["bild"+0+"_mc"]._alpha = 0; 
		bilder_mc["bild"+0+"_mc"]._visible = true;
		bilder_mc["bild"+0+"_mc"].swapDepths(bilder_mc.getNextHighestDepth());
	} else {
		texte_mc["text"+(zeiger+1)+"_mc"].filters = [new BlurFilter(20, 20, 4)];
		texte_mc["text"+(zeiger+1)+"_mc"]._alpha = 0;
		texte_mc["text"+(zeiger+1)+"_mc"]._visible = true;

bilder_mc["bild"+(zeiger+1)+"_mc"]._alpha = 0;
		bilder_mc["bild"+(zeiger+1)+"_mc"]._visible = true;
		bilder_mc["bild"+(zeiger+1)+"_mc"].swapDepths(bilder_mc.getNextHighestDepth());
	}

Tweens.push(new Tween(texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"], "_alpha", Regular.easeIn, 100, 0, 2, true));

Tweens[(Tweens.length-1)].onMotionChanged = function() {

texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"].filters = [new BlurFilter(20-(texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._alpha/5), 20-(texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._alpha/5), 4)];

if(zeiger == instInfo.length-1) {
			texte_mc["text"+0+"_mc"]._alpha = 100-texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._alpha;
			texte_mc["text"+0+"_mc"].filters = [new BlurFilter((texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._alpha/5), (texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._alpha/5), 4)];

bilder_mc["bild"+0+"_mc"]._alpha = 100-texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._alpha;
		} else {
			texte_mc["text"+(zeiger+1)+"_mc"]._alpha = 100-texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._alpha;
			texte_mc["text"+(zeiger+1)+"_mc"].filters = [new BlurFilter((texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._alpha/5), (texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._alpha/5), 4)];

bilder_mc["bild"+(zeiger+1)+"_mc"]._alpha = 100-texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._alpha;
		}
	};

Tweens[(Tweens.length-1)].onMotionFinished = function() {
		texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._visible = false;
		texte_mc["text"+zeiger+"_mc"]._alpha = 100;

bilder_mc["bild"+zeiger+"_mc"]._visible = false;

trace(zeiger);

zeiger++;
		if (zeiger>=instInfo.length) {
			zeiger = 0;
		}
	};
}

I think I have to replace somehow Flashs BlurFilter with FlashEff Code.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Dennis (from germany)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.