clickTag & FlashEff2

Posted by LeadingKom 
clickTag & FlashEff2
December 03, 2010 12:46PM
hi guys!

i have a little problem with integrating a clicktag in as3 in my fla-file - i´m using FlashEff2 with Flash CS4 (AS3) --> i have to make an ad-banner (IAB standard)...first of all, i did the animation (with flash eff2) - then i created a button (rectangular, 0% transparency, first layer...) and copied this code for the clickTag (original "IAB standard-code"):

var clickTag:String=this.parent.root.loaderInfo.parameters.clickTag;
clicktag.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,openClickTag);
function openClickTag(evt:MouseEvent)
{
navigateToURL(new URLRequest(clickTag), "_blank");
}

code seems to be ok, but the animations are gone?! this may mean that i see all elements of the animation in the preview (background, text...) but the text animations are not there...why? when i erase the clicktag-button-layer, everything works fine again...

please help me - thanks!!!

kind regards
L.

P.s.: i also read the "AS3 clickTag topic" from the knowledge base...but i don´t get it :(
Re: clickTag & FlashEff2
December 03, 2010 03:36PM
Firs,t I need to know what represent "clicktag" in your code?
December 03, 2010 04:26PM
hi!

"clicktag" should be the name of the (transparent) button...or not?
December 06, 2010 09:42AM
If clicktag also is the flasheff's target you need to add the event listener on flasheff.
flasheffInstance.target=clicktag
var clickTag:String=this.parent.root.loaderInfo.parameters.clickTag;
flasheffInstance.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,openClickTag);
function openClickTag(evt:MouseEvent)
{
navigateToURL(new URLRequest(clickTag), "_blank");
}
May 11, 2011 03:49PM
Thanks but that is not what i need, i can´t use flashVars because i cant edit the html where the flash is going to be.
So wich code in AS3 can i use for a ClickTag for google Adwords so the flashEff effects keep working?
Because with the one that i´m supposed to use removes the effects of the flashEff.
Im supposed to use this:

on (release) {

if (clickTAG.substr(0,5) == "[www.youtube.com];) {
getURL(clickTAG, "_blank");
}
}
May 12, 2011 09:58AM
The code you have is for action script 2, but the flasheff component works only in action script 3.
August 08, 2011 08:23AM
kneo can't you guys please create a sticky note with a working instructional example of everything needed to have a working flasheff2.0 example with as3 code and clicktags ?
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.