Different layers - Different Filters? Doesn't work!

Posted by user1325201 
Different layers - Different Filters? Doesn't work!
July 18, 2012 08:13PM
Hi!

Recently played with some *.PSD-files eimported from Photoshop. Well. the problem is...
I have, let's say, three layers aka "symbols.movie_clips" and one background (another layer actually).

I add a Flag filter to the first layer - it perfoms well.
I add a Flag filter to the second layer - it animates first layer only - second Flag applied layer is static.
I add a flag filter to the third layer - it animates only the first layer and Adobe Flash shows an error message in the OUTPUTS that it cannot play an empty layer.
Thus only first filter of the first layer is working.

Interesting... if I create some primitive art and convert it into symbols of different layers - animation works correctly.

But I need some desent design to be animated in layers imported from Photoshop.

Need help about that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 08:14PM by user1325201.
Re: Different layers - Different Filters? Doesn't work!
July 19, 2012 01:28PM
You can only apply effects on symbols. This means that you need to convert first what you have in a movieclip and only after that you need to apply an effect on it. Also make sure that you are using a separate instance of flasheff for each symbol and also you are using a different layer for each element/object on the stage.
July 19, 2012 02:09PM
Well, I'm not a newbie to FLASH.

Surely I use filters on symbols' instances which are separated by layers. However Filters do not work with big (more than 400x400 px) images.
I've already mentioned that if I draw some primitive stuff (like lines and squares) and convert them to symbol and separate by layers - everything works perfect.

But as soon as U're trying to do some real, multilayer, quality design, FlashEff stalls.

Guyz, no offence, but I'm dissappointed. Your Extention didn't meet my expectations at all.
I wish I could save my maney in better ways.
July 20, 2012 02:43AM
Ok, I've discovered the Issue.

As soon as U've done Import graphics to the stage you have to split and spread the layers over a stage and apply FlashEff separetly then drag everything back together.

If applying Eff animations to overlapping layers it can cause some frustration in overall animation. Literary, FlashEff confuses which layer it is attached and animates only the very first layer in the overlapping layers' pile.

Hope you find it useful for your future updates.
Regards~

PS: In you tutorials (those ones with a launging dog) you guyz show "how fantastic" your software works. Try to type a text over a dog's image and apply the Effects then. I may repeat it that when the symbols (layers) are spread everything is ok, if you need an overlapping effects then some creativity is needed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2012 02:44AM by user1325201.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.