Layers or no layers?

Posted by user1173666 
Layers or no layers?
June 07, 2012 11:56PM
Hi,

I am trying to create a banner slideshow. It's a simple flash banner where each image will slide across the stage, one after the other. Each one of my JPG images has been converted into MovieClip symbols. I have finished the first slide (I used the show/hide tab, and the button tab so it will link to an article) and it works perfectly. However... I'm running into issues when I try adding more slides/symbols.

When adding the next slide, should I put the symbol on its own layer and then add the show/hide/button features on it? Or does Flasheff2 work better on just 1 layer? There are many tutorials about how to use the filters, show/hide, etc... but for only 1 image. I'm trying to figure out the best way to apply Flasheff2 components to MULTIPLE symbols within the same scene. If each symbol should be on its own layer, does each frame need to begin when the preceding frame ends? I'm a little confused by all of this. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: Layers or no layers?
June 11, 2012 02:11PM
Yes, you will need to use a separate layer for each element/object you are adding on the stage. Also each frame from a new layer should be added when the preceding frame from the previous layer ends. For more information see 6_timeline_animations tutorial.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.