How to install a major update of FlashEff

Posted by negush 
How to install a major update of FlashEff
October 09, 2008 08:23AM
When major updates of FlashEff are released the FlashEff panel will notify you of this and will ask you to download the new version. The "Download now" button will take you to your downloads list in your jumpeyecomponents.com account. From there, you will have to download the package again, save it on your disc and unpack it to a destination folder of your choice.

First, we recommend closing Adobe Flash CS3, if it isn't already closed (don't forget to save all the files you have opened), and open Adobe Extension Manager. From there, select the older version of FlashEff component you have and uninstall it (press the remove extension button or File -> Remove extension).

Next, go to the folder where you unpacked the FlashEff archive, find the FlashEff.mxp file and install it (just double click on it and Adobe Extension Manager will be opened). Follow the instructions to install the component.

Once, it is installed, close Adobe Extension Manager and open Adobe Flash CS3, with the file you were working on (the one that notified you of the update). Select one of the FlashEff instances you have and bring up the FlashEff panel. Finally, select Menu -> Update fla to update all the FlashEff patterns and the FlashEff component from the Library with the newly installed version.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2009 11:26AM by raul.
Re: How to install a major update of FlashEff
September 24, 2009 07:32AM
I have a problem finding the "Download now" in the FlashEff panel. I opened it but the button doesn't show anywhere. Thanks
September 29, 2009 05:39AM
Hi. I have difficulties with Update FlashEff2.0. I did all steps from the instructions exept the last one Menu -> Update fla. The reason is simple - the FlashEff 2.0 panel doesn't let me. All I see /no matter what I do/ is that pop-up window for Downloading the Updates. I never disappeared.
Please, help me. I need to work and I can't.
Thank you very much
P.S. I am using FlashEff 2.0 Premium.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2009 05:41AM by galinkata.
October 05, 2009 07:43AM
I have the same problem as galinkata. Could someone tell us what to do?
October 05, 2009 07:55AM
-"God helps you, if you help yourself". galinkata: Go to your flash-program/help/manages extensions. From there install the file you downloaded with the new update. This worked for me.

/Minder
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.