Java Script error!!! 8-)

Posted by melm25 
Java Script error!!! 8-)
October 01, 2008 03:48PM
Hi!
I have an issue with the flash eff because every time that I want to add a effect the flash is send me this error TypeError: fileList [i].split is not a function... I tried with a movieclip and with dynamic text (fonts embed). And I'm running flash cs3 in mac.

Thanks for the help.
Re: Java Script error!!! 8-)
October 02, 2008 07:54AM
My advice to you is to try to reinstall the component. First, uninstall the component you have and then reinstall it. It could be a problem of component installation by the Extension Manager.
October 03, 2008 01:52AM
I just installed the component on my mac and I am having a javascript issue as well. I have attached a screenshot for your review.
I have tried the following without any success:
1. desinstalling-reinstalling the component
2. desinstalling all other components and reinstalling flasheff
3. reinstalling Flash and reinstalling flasheff

I am able to drag and drop the component over a dynamic text field but as soon as I open the component inspector panel, I get this error. I also get this error every time I go to a different tab leaving the content of the tabs empty and unusable...

Any idea on how to resolve this issue?
October 03, 2008 01:54AM
Here is the screenshot that I forgot to attach on my previous post.
Attachments:
open | download - Picture1.jpg (20.8 KB)
October 03, 2008 08:58AM
hello. i'm having the same problem and it gets really annoying 8-) i installed it and reinstalled it several times and it's all the same, the same bell and the same error. there's really nobody here to help us out? :(
October 04, 2008 02:33AM
It looks like it is a mac related issue only: I installed the component on a virtual machine with Windows XP and everything is working fine there.
Would anyone have any idea on how to fix this issue on the Mac? I would continue using my virtual machine but unfortunately working on a virtual machine is definitely not helping the production time that I thought I was improving by using this component - especially after paying for the premium version...
October 06, 2008 11:56AM
Please check to see if you are the main user on Mac and if Adobe Flash and FlashEff were installed in your own users. Otherwise the problem might be that you try to use Flash and FlashEff from a different user than Flash was installed on. In this case FlashEff wouldn't find all the files it needs because of different users paths (the software was installed for a specific user and another user has a different settings and Library path on Mac OS).
October 08, 2008 10:59AM
i got the same error (on windows system) everytime i choose a pattern... a message comes up "check for pattern..." and after that i got a javascript error message: TypeError: fileList[i].split is not a function

has anyone an idea ? i reinstalled the component a serveral times but it doesn't worked. maybe someone from flasheff can help us?
October 09, 2008 06:18AM
We recommend installing FlashEff on the same user that Adobe Flash CS3 is installed. Otherwise the FlashEff panel could have a hard time finding all the necessary files and it is possible to get that error message. The FlashEff panel can only search in the path provided by Flash and it also might have problems if the user account from which FlashEff is launched is a user with limited rights.
October 09, 2008 07:57AM
Also please check to see if your user is allowed to write files in the configuration folder of Flash.
October 12, 2008 05:47PM
why i can't sign in...
he said syntaxError: missing) after argument list
October 13, 2008 06:23AM
Please make sure that your username and password are correct and that Adobe Flash CS3 has access to the Internet.
July 01, 2009 08:42PM
Hi, i have the same problem than razorpulse, when i open the panel it says ther's a problem with the java script, and i already install the eff in other mac and it works, i dont know why this panel is not working can anybody help me ?
im using flash cs3, i try the cs4 version but now im only using the cs3, HELP , thnks
July 02, 2009 06:45AM
This issue was fixed a long time ago.
Go to your jumpeyecomponents account and download the latest version of the component.
After you have installed the latest component don't forget to drag the new component on stage to replace the old one.
If this does not fix you problme write to our support team.

Ionut.
August 27, 2009 08:27PM
I am having the same problem. I have used previous FlashEff software with no problems, but now absolutely nothing works and I get the same syntax error message. I have uninstalled twice, reinstalled twice, redownloaded and reinstalled, shut down the computer and restarted, quit and restarted Flash...running out of combinations here, and nothing makes this work.

As a note, I recently changed computers to a brand new workstation and transferred everything over via Apple's transfer software. Everything has worked perfectly until this component. Not sure if it is related to the switch or not.

Bottom line is, either this works or it doesn't work. Right now, for me and it appears many others, the answer is a resounding NO.
August 28, 2009 07:04AM
Mike,

I'm sorry to hear that, what OS are you running and what language are they in?
August 28, 2009 12:51PM
hi !! im using the OS X, and the software is in english, also my OS X
August 28, 2009 12:59PM
My machine use to throw java errors while using FlashEff but they disappear after I have updated Flash. Please make sure you have the latest version of Flash.
January 21, 2011 05:33PM
You may need to ask for help from the support team regarding javascript errors like that. However, you must also send more information other than the exact error message such as the OS you have, what environment you are working on, if it is Adobe Flash CS3, etc., what user the Adobe Flash was installed, and if the user you are logged on to your OS is administrator or guest.
January 26, 2016 07:34PM
Thank you for some good information. site
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.