Loading swf file containing flasheff component in a new fla

Posted by anthonyyoussef 
Loading swf file containing flasheff component in a new fla
August 07, 2008 11:40AM
hello everyone ..
flasheff is a great tool ,it makes life easier,but now i face a problem concerning it.
the hole task is that i need to load 3 swf files in a new fla each one for a while..i used the following code

var requestObj:URLRequest = new URLRequest("fileName.swf" );
var loaderObj:Loader = new Loader();
add.addChild(loaderObj);
loaderObj.load(requestObj);
the loading of the first two files was successful but when it comes to load the swf that contain a flasheff comp it gives me this error:

[FLASHEFF ERROR] You must set a non-null DisplayObject.
i need your help :)

regards;

--
Anthony Youssef
Re: Loading swf file containing flasheff component in a new fla
August 14, 2008 08:43AM
anthonyyoussef

I tried to reproduce your problem but with no success. Everything seems to work.. You can find the example you're looking for inside the attached zip archive.

>:D<
Attachments:
open | download - example 1.zip (242.6 KB)
August 20, 2008 11:57AM
hello Mr.demiurgu;

thanks a lot for your help but i guess it wasn't what i was looking for so here are the files that makes some troubles..
QuotesSlideShow.rar contains three files the SlideShow.fla file takes data from example.xml file ,it runs successfully without any error..
and the third file LoadMovie1 that loads SlideShow.swf file so when i try to load the SlideShow.swf from an external file like LoadMovie1.fla i got the following error :
*** [FLASHEFF ERROR] You must set a non-null DisplayObject***

thanks in advance..

--
Anthony Youssef
Attachments:
open | download - Test.rar (540 KB)
August 20, 2008 07:44PM
Anthony

That is an weird glitch ::o. I found an fix for your problem but we have to fix some things in component's core too.

The main change is:

Instead of

fe._targetInstanceName = "example_txt"

I used

fe.target = example_txt

Good luck

:)-D

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2008 07:47PM by demiurgu.
August 21, 2008 05:51AM
Kinda similar thing I had here [www.flasheff.com]
August 21, 2008 07:41AM
thank you guys for your replies..now i am stuck in a new problem releated to flash cs3 for 3 days :S
i know that it is not related to flasheff but i couldn't find a forum related to flash..so sorry again:)
i have three swf files that i load into a "main_file.fla" Using URLRequest and Loader classes,so i need a preloader(separated swf file) for the user interface that loads the " main_fie.swf"(that loads 3 files)and i want to be able to start the first two files at the same time on the first frame and the third file on the second frame of the "main_file.fla",hope that you can help me ,i can upload my files if you need..a link to a flash forum or to a good tutorial can also be great.

thanks in advance
August 21, 2008 07:56AM
You couldn't find a forum related to Flash? Common!
Try these:
[www.kirupa.com]
[www.actionscript.org]
[www.flashkit.com]

In your situation I would be using different EventListeners.
August 21, 2008 02:21PM
aigarinsh

This was totally different problem (:P)

Anthony

Upload your file ... I am not promising you I will take a look but if I will find some seconds to do that I will do it. :)-D
August 25, 2008 02:05PM
Dear Mr.demiurgu;

please find attached my files (1 fla file that laod two static swf files)it is written within the fla file features that i need..
at first a preloader for all files(6 files) even i have dynamic swf files not listed in the .rar that should be loaded also..when all files are dispalyed they should be redisplayed in a loop..
someone on the net told me to use the bulkloader {google code} i was trying to use it but i faced a problem that i can't load swf version 2.0 so i am stuck in this problem since 1 week..
need your help plz:)
cheers;
Anthony youssef
Attachments:
open | download - BicharafFiles.rar (60.1 KB)
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.