Is there a limit to the amount of instances of EFF you can use in a project????

Posted by ryanstokes83 
Hi there

I have gone back to CS3 and the crashing has stopped - EFF is working better now I am using smaller images although it is still a bit slow but now i have reached a problem which has stopped my project dead in its tracks. Is there a limit to the amount of instances you can use in a project (not at the same time - just overall) because now any new instances I add dont seem to work. If i remove some instances then making a new instance does work.

I would appreciate a prompt reply as i have a deadline.

Thanks

Ryan
Re: Is there a limit to the amount of instances of EFF you can use in a project????
May 25, 2009 06:47AM
I think you have the 5003 or the 5005 error.
The 5003 and 5005 Error are usually the result of the same problem: too many FlashEff or TextFields on the stage, or in a movieclip. You can get rid of it by creating a new movieclip and moving the FlashEff Instance and the target in them. This will most probably fix you problem.
Another solution would be to turn off Flash's ActionScript optimizer: Publish Settings -> Flash tab -> ActionScript 3.0 Settings and in the dialog box that appears simply turn off the "Reduce file size and increase performance" option. Another solution would be to simply divide your complex animation into two separate .swf files.

Ionut.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.