Flash EFF - Does not seem to work on Version 9 Flash

Posted by arawire 
Flash EFF - Does not seem to work on Version 9 Flash
May 15, 2009 10:51AM
I am using Flash EFF free version in a screensaver for one very simple text animation. On users that have Flash 9 - it just shows the text (which should be animated) with a box showing FlashEFF. On users with flash 10 - it works.

Is there any way to get it to work on Flash 9?

Is there any way, that if it does not work, that the flasheff box does not show?

Thanks
Re: Flash EFF - Does not seem to work on Version 9 Flash
May 15, 2009 01:58PM
FlashEff 1 does not use Flash Player 10. Please check your code as it may contain some code that will only run in FP10.
May 18, 2009 11:05AM
I just checked the version I am using in the extension manager and its 7.7.1.
I am not using any code.
Are you saying that 7.7.1 will need the flash 10 player?
Can I get an older version that will run with the 9 player?
May 18, 2009 12:14PM
There are some new patterns added to the latest version that uses Flash Player, but all the other patterns will work on Flash Player 9.
May 18, 2009 12:38PM
The patterns I am using are:

FETGlow, FETHorizontal Dissolve, FET Alpha - these do not show with the flash 9 player. Is this correct?

Can you give me a list of patterns that work with the Flash 9 player.
May 18, 2009 12:59PM
All the patterns you have mentioned use FP9. FlashEff1 uses only Flash Player 9 patterns. Just to make sure you have an updated version of flash go to your browser open a page like youtube.com, right-click the video and tell me what version of Flash Player are you using. We have tested FlashEff with FlashPlayer 9 ( different versions of Flash Player 9) and Flash Player 10 and they all worked as they should.
May 29, 2009 03:32PM
Do you have any ideas why the FlashEFF sequence would not work on Version 9 and the FlashEFF logo just shows instead?
June 01, 2009 05:41AM
Every FlashEff pattern works on FP 9. Only FlashEff2 has patterns that uses FP10.
Open a page like youtube.com and right click on a video and check to see if it says: About Flash Player 9. If it does not go update your Flash Player.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.