movieclip disappears after transition

Posted by maurik 
movieclip disappears after transition
May 05, 2009 09:30PM
i try to apply a transition to a movieclip with text, line based symbols and a bitmap. i was playing around with patterns, trying to see what fits, and at some point, when i tested the swf, the movieclip started disappearing after the transition is finished. also, some image transitions that i tried to apply dont show in swf at all.

please help, thanks,
michael
Re: movieclip disappears after transition
May 05, 2009 09:41PM
update: ok,
my mc was by default invisible and alpha = 0. i changed that and now what i noticed was that flasheff duplicates the movieclip(probably making a bitmap duplicate), transitions the copy, after transition removes the copy. and the bummer is that i see the movieclip before the transition, then i see the transition of the copy on top of my original, and when the transition's gone i still see my original.

?
May 05, 2009 09:48PM
ok third and last update:

i did not notice the "target is visible" option. sorry. but i still have two serious moments left:
A) flasheff probably takes a picture of the movieclip as soon as the swf runs. thing is i need to have a transition done on a mc with dynamic content = pictures, text. the end effect is that i see the mc appearing with default info on it, and after transition all the figures get sharply, unnicely changed. can i fix that?
B) how can i make the mc mouseEnabled = false? i have wrote that in the code before i put flasheff, and worked, but flasheff seems to ignore the command.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2009 09:55PM by maurik.
May 06, 2009 12:10PM
if you are trying to add the the FlashEff component on a target that keeps changing that might not work for some patterns, as some of them creates an bitmap of the target. Some do have and refresh parameter but that slows the animations if the animation is really complexe.
About the button mode, there is an option in the panel "useHandCursor" make sure it's not selected. Go to button\options, you will find it there.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.