Certain Letters Taking A Long Time To Appear

Posted by MrFett 
Certain Letters Taking A Long Time To Appear
April 30, 2009 09:12PM
Hi all,

I'm working on a relatively long animation for a client and am seeing some strange behavior - when create a show animation for some text, certain letters a REALLY slow appearing. I have three words, each with a pattern applied to make them appear one after the other. For some reason, a few letters in the first word to appear are taking so long, the animated sequences following it have finished. A picture paints a thousand words to here's a link to the animation so far (its the three words near the end that are the problem INJECTED, ANYTIME, ANYWHERE - it did say connected but I changed it to see if the problem was specific to certain letters - its not):

[www.cct.freshmango.com]

Thanks!

Bob
Re: Certain Letters Taking A Long Time To Appear
May 01, 2009 06:57PM
Hi all,

Anyone got any suggestions? I've updated the animation, it can now be seen here:

[www.cct.freshmango.com]

Thanks!
May 04, 2009 06:03AM
That is really weird. Can you attach the source files so I can take a look at them?
May 04, 2009 04:02PM
Hi,

Sure - the source file can be downloaded at: [www.freshmango.com]

Thanks for your input!

Regards

Bob
May 11, 2009 08:36AM
Hey Bob,

I looked at your files and, as promised, heres a quick fix:
Go to the frames where you have the last words, those that don't work properly and select the FlashEff component that is over the Connected word( the one from the left). Open th panel and set the Group duration to 1.5. If you want the words to appear faster, set it to a higher number.
May 11, 2009 01:29PM
Thanks Ionut,

I'm assuming this is a bug in the software then?

Cheers
May 11, 2009 02:13PM
No, actually it's meant to be like that. Group duration overwrites the tweenDuration Value. GroupDuration is the duration of a group effect (eg. a group could contain multiple letters), in your case the group contained random letters from your word(connected) will appear after 1 second thats why it took longer to appear.
Anyways, glad I could help.
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.