FCENavigateToUrl + dynamic links?

Posted by mores 
FCENavigateToUrl + dynamic links?
July 22, 2008 04:36PM
Hello,

how do I go about implementing dynamic links in a banner?
I'm using FEBFlip for the button, and I'm trying to find out how to not define a normal URL as to make the banner "clickTAG"-compatible?
Re: FCENavigateToUrl + dynamic links?
July 22, 2008 04:38PM
I just posted this question since my mail-inquiry was unanswered and I was asked to ask here.

So, after some fiddling, I figured out I needed to write a function and call it.
Add this Action to the first frame of your animation:
function followlink() {
	if (root.loaderInfo.parameters.clickTAG.substr(0,5)=="http:") {
		navigateToURL( 
		        new URLRequest(root.loaderInfo.parameters.clickTAG), 
		        "_blank" 
		      );
	}
}
then call it using "followlink" in the component inspector.
July 23, 2008 07:37AM
Mores,

We will create our own pattern for clickTAG support, so, anyone will be able to use the clicktag standard by invoking a command pattern, however, if you plan to use the banner on google adwords as a Flash image ad, I can tell you that right now, they have a bug/issue when uploading as3 content, and we didn't got any answers yet from them... They parse the swf you upload, and tell you that the swf needs to support clickTAG even if it is used corectly but AS3 style.. not accessed with _root.clickTAG or _level0.clickTAG... They say that you can upload content AS1 to 3 but the upload parser is checking AS2 syntax inside the swf file... I sent those guys a lot of emails, and nothing back...

Also for banner, we will release a major update at the end of july, and within some great updates (such as panel improvement, favorites, publish effects to gallery, offline use) you'll find an optimized size FlashEff component, optimized to 23 KB from 40 KB (compressed final swf content), so let's make some calculations:

For a Google AdWords standard Flash image ad (max. 50KB):
A. FlashEff component: 23 KB
B. 3 FE Patterns = 9 KB; Average FE Pattern 3 KB (ranging from <1 to 10 KB)
C. Your embed text (embed only used chars) 3KB
D. A background image 10 KB (optimized)
E. A logo or another image 5 KB (optimized)

Total: 50 KB (fits the requirements exactly)
Remember that you can use a symbol pattern for text too, and you can use the same pattern on more objects in different settings without increasing file-size, so you can use also a Filter like a reflection or so, on all objects inside a banner, it will only increase the size by 3 KB

If you're looking to create a video-like effect driven banner with small file-size requirements, FlashEff is the right thing for you!
July 25, 2008 10:08AM
Hey Raul,

thanks for the detailed reply.
You don't have to sell flashEff to me ... I already bought it :D

But, the updates/additions sound really good.

I have yet to create a flashbanner for google, but my clients usually are in some kind of bannertrade-program, and they all use the clickTAG parameter.
I used to call it "targetURL" ... but I had to quickly change my code ;)

Anyhow, thanks for informing me/us of the good stuff that will be coming ... the end of july is almost here, hehe :)
July 28, 2008 06:26AM
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.